going on an epic solo ride today

wish me luck , ive only done this ride once and it was with a group of friends , this is one of the hardest trails we have here 

6kft to 10.5k ft up the mountian and back down , im going to cheat and come down the highway because i wont have enough fuel to make it back down the trail though . the highway back down is an absolute blast , except for the posted speed limit is 25mph not that it matters lol , resd is my path up , and blue is my path back down into town , ill be on my kx250f 
qjnoOAT.png

Edited by project89
  • Like 6

2 hours ago, MaybeMe said:

Don't get hurt and good luck! 

thanks

1 hour ago, chrisso said:

Be sure to tell someone ,just in case

i did , made it back in one piece i am wore out but pumped up that i made , now i gota go threw the 92gb of video footage i shot, going to have to upload it in parts over the next few days 

Edited by project89
  • Like 2

part1 the easiest section of the ride/trail 

prolly better off watching it on youtube , i only encoded it to 480 and the video player is just to big for that res on here , i may reupload at 1080 like i filmed in 

Edited by project89

3 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

Much much better to hear the revs of the engine than music to me. Good job.

I have a question:  Suppose the stator goes out at the worst location.  How long would it take to hike out from that spot?  How many hours of daylight will be left at that spot?

i actually dont know , but it wouldnt be an easy or quick hike, when i get some of the later parts of the ride up ull see how knarly that trail gets.

i had told my boss and some friends i was going and what trail i would be on , if they didnt hear from me by 6pm they would have came looking for me on 4 wheelers 

Edited by project89

Ya I live near the mountain's in the PWN of BC and Utah looks AWESOME.

Then might not be many more weeks until you can't ride the up the mountains cus of snow so enjoy the fall while you can ?

This is about 10 mins from my house and sea level to about 600059c05e999ea4c_GoogleEarth_zpsqamc7whd.jpg.c99a3609868cedd8add164bc15e62a37.jpgft at the top of the track in this pic.

• Like 2

got some snow already , but its above were u can ride , i figure 3 more weeks and that trail will be snowed out at around 8k ft , i wanna make one more trip up there on the yz250 since the suspension is so much nicer for that kind of riding then my kx 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, project89 said:

i actually dont know , but it wouldnt be an easy or quick hike, when i get some of the later parts of the ride up ull see how knarly that trail gets.

i had told my boss and some friends i was going and what trail i would be on , if they didnt hear from me by 6pm they would have came looking for me on 4 wheelers 

I ride alone a lot. That is the question I ask myself. How long to hike out vrs how many hours daylight. I look at the miles and give it 3mph hike plus 1 hour for each 1000 ft elevation.  I try not to violate that rule unless you are packing for overnight conditions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wielywilly-g said:

I ride alone a lot. That is the question I ask myself. How long to hike out vrs how many hours daylight. I look at the miles and give it 3mph hike plus 1 hour for each 1000 ft elevation.  I try not to violate that rule unless you are packing for overnight conditions.

it minimum when i go places i dont know or are far , i pack water/gatorade, snack bars , and last but not least my .45 , and i normally tell somone atleast the general area i am going if i dont know the exact trails

though i will admit sometimes i just need to get away and i hop on my bike and go explore and dont tell anyone were im going  

well i cant edit my post for some reason but i did reupload that one clip in 720hd , unfortunatly it is the one with added music 

part #2 is currently uploading but is 2.3gb in size and has no added music , my upload is very slow only 256k so i expect it to take 10 hours or so to upload ill post it whenits up though 

48 minutes ago, LRB said:

Looks like a great ride. How long did it end up taking you to finish?

its was almost 4 hours before i got home but i ran some errands on my way back into town , and ran over to the farm id say about 2.5-3 hours , when i load up my footage in the editor  to cut part 3 i can find actual ride time on the trail + time back down the highway 

• Like 1

well i screwed up , and accidentally formatted my sd card , but if the weather holds out im going to go back up there on the yz this weekend , will give me a chance to test out my new 4k camera. its supposed to get down to the 30's starting tommrow night down here at 6,500ft with a 90% chance of rain so it very well cover the mountain with snow.

hopefully not id really like to get up there one more time this year