Help with odd noises on new bike

I recently picked up a 2014 450xc-w. Only 90hrs. After taking it on its first ride I noticed a noise when it got warm. By warm I mean 3-5miles of fairly open trails plenty of speed to not overheat but enough stress to be warmer than idle. Its hard to describe, I'd say its kinda like a white noise kinda thing. Like the noise a pot of water makes right before it starts to boiling. No bubble noise but kinda a low rumble or so. I've never heard this before and don't know what it could be. Bike seemed to run just fine. It does have a large tank that blocks the radiators a little if that means anythin 

Then tonight I was doing some adjustments to the bike and started it up. Didn't hear that noise since it was cold, but I was sitting on the ground next to it and heard some hissing sound coming from around the air box. It sounded like air getting sucked in around the filter maybe, but couldn't figure out from where. Is this normal? 

I'm getting a little nervous about this after how much money I spent. But it's my first EFI bike and they don't seem like bad noises so keeping my fingers crossed. 

Yes...I also hear some hissing from around my air box.

Remove the access cover....does the hissing noise get worse???...mine does...been that way forever....make sure your air filter is clean.

You have a low hour bike....if its running well and not leaving excess debris on the oil screen or oil filter....ride it and forget about the hissing...eventually you'll stop hearing it or worrying about it.

Every KTM and Husky I've owned or heard always sounds like the engine is chewing up a bag of rocks.  

Edited by markbfe501
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

Every KTM and Husky I've owned or heard always sounds like the engine is chewing up a bag of rocks.  

same here every new KTM I have purchased sounds like trouble but runs like hell and never had an issue.

2 hours ago, markbfe501 said:

exactly what hear in mine new 500 exc :)

but no hissing, that would indicate you're losing rapidly air from tyres or your airbox is clogged :)

6 hours ago, Qubo2408 said:

I've been out of town so haven't been on the bike. But taking it out tomorrow and not gonna worry about the sounds. Thanks guys. 

The only sound I really worry about is the voice in my head that says "This is gonna hurt!" about 1 nanosecond before it does . . .