Bike Performs Poor and dies after repacking Baffle/Silencer

I recently had my daughters 17' KX 100 Baffle repacked. Ever since we placed it back on the bike, the bike is sluggish, boggs out and eventually dies. We removed it yesterday, and replaced with one of another KX 100 at the track and the bike screamed and performed well all day.

Could It be that it just got packed to tight? I'm taking apart tonight and going to take some packing out and see if that does the trick. It was repacked with material from the local dealership and not the stock wool.

1 hour ago, KDXGarage said:

Something's not right. I would take it apart and check it.That way, when you do it yourself, you can be sure it is done correctly.

I hope to be able to look at it tonight. The packing material I bought at the local dealership should be fine to use right?

It may be 4 stroke packing, but no matter which there is too much in there. You have to measure the piece you take out and put a similar size in. Not the whole bag.

• Like 2

I wi check with the guy that did it and ask, but I'm sure he used entire bag. 

Here is what it looks like after I took out.

1 hour ago, YZPaGuy said:

It may be 4 stroke packing, but no matter which there is too much in there. You have to measure the piece you take out and put a similar size in. Not the whole bag.

IMG_2157.JPG

IMG_2158.JPG

IMG_2159.JPG

IMG_2160.JPG

Wow, that's way too much packing IMO.

No doubt, lol. You need like a third of that! Easiest thing to do is buy moose replacement packing. It comes premeasured with a nylon sleeve around it. No need to measure and super simple to install. You buy it for your make, model and year

• Like 1

As said, way too much packing. That thick stuff is no good anyway.

Get the stringy stuff random strand stuff from FMF or SilentSport. Pack it medium density for the sweetest sound and best power.

When yours was assembled by the guy at your shop there might have been some extra packing out of place and partly blocking the exhaust flow.

• Like 1