Seized Engine HELP!!

So I have a 2001 YZ250. Always been a nightmare to kickstart, sometimes would start on first couple of kicks but if you stop and and try to start it again when its hot its almost impossible to get going again. 

Took it out after not been started for 6 months, started second or third kick. Let it heat up and took it a 10 min rip. Dad wanted a go on it and in the progress of swapping over the bike stopped. Took forever to get it kick started again. When we eventually got it going again Dad took it a rip and opened the throttle, back wheel seized and bike stopped dead. 

Kick starter solid and wont budge.

What is my next step? Strip the top end?

Would be mechanically inclined if straight forward enough and had directions. 

Thanks for help in advance. 

So I have a 2001 YZ250. Always been a nightmare to kickstart, sometimes would start on first couple of kicks but if you stop and and try to start it again when its hot its almost impossible to get going again. 

Took it out after not been started for 6 months, started second or third kick. Let it heat up and took it a 10 min rip. Dad wanted a go on it and in the progress of swapping over the bike stopped. Took forever to get it kick started again. When we eventually got it going again Dad took it a rip and opened the throttle, back wheel seized and bike stopped dead. 

Kick starter solid and wont budge.

What is my next step? Strip the top end?

Would be mechanically inclined if straight forward enough and had directions. 

Thanks for help in advance. 

yes definitely get a manual once you have one youv got it for every thing you need on your bike. info, torque settings, tolerances, oil types and amounts and much more an absolute must if doing an engine rebuild as a novice.

id pop the head off and have a look at the piston and cylinder for what you can see. quick and easy to do and might narrow it down.(cylinder scores burnt piston crown) if you can or cant see damage try to wiggle the piston it should move just a little if not then its most likely seized. if it moves then the problem may be in the bottom end.

how ever if the piston is seized (most likely due to a lack of oil) the crank and bearings may also be damaged as they share lubrication. fingers crossed its some thing small at worst just piston and cylinder cranks can be expensive.   good luck with it all I hope you find your problem