Guts Racing Comfort Seat

Hi guys,

Any of you old(er) geezers ever end up doing a seat mod for a little more comfort?Being as I'm 64/255 lbs. the seat on the CRF 450R I bought a while back is killing my old flat ass,like straddling a damned 2x4.Granted it's surely intended for 140 lb. youngsters tearing up a MX track(I'll mostly be using the bike on MX tracks and desert rides,probably not fast enough to tear up either:lol:)but after about a 1/2 hour my tailbone is tender as hell.Am thinking about going to the Gut seat mod(have also seen several others)and just wondering if any of you have tried them (positive/negative reviews appreciated)?Would probably have it installed by a local upholstery shop so it doesn't look all jacked.

Thanks,

Jeff

http://www.gutsracing.com/CRF450R_COMFORT_SEAT_KIT_p/ckcr380.htm

I will say I installed their "tall soft" foam seat with gripper cover on my YZ250F based on recommendations on here and couldn't be happier with a seat. The factory seat on it was like you're describe - 2 x 4.  I thought it was a little high (price) until my first ride - now I'd buy one every year if I had to. Had it probably close to 2 years and it's holding up great. I know it's not specifically the answer you're after but it's all I got. Clay

• Like 1

Thanks Clay,your recommendation is good enough for me bro.Going to call them tomorrow and discuss options,as long as I can get something a little wider and softer I'll be good to go.The seat on it now has an aftermarket cover(Factory Effex TC4 Traction Control with seat bump)and is pretty uncomfortable.

Jeff

Edited by piratediverjefff