MXDN

I'm not up on the rules for the FIM for the MXDN but it seems odd to me that riders over 23 that cannot compete in the MX2 class in a GP are eligible to ride the MX2 class in the MXDN. Seems like a contradiction in rules to me. I would think that Osborne would have to ride the Open class for the USA instead of the MX2 class and Covington would compete in the MX2. Mog can you shed a little light on this ?

• Like 2

Yes it sounds totally contradictory,I have never thought of that angle before. I guess it's because teams struggle to get 3 top riders ,if you put age limits on and half the team's won't have a rider for mx2 , I was going to put up a thread about injuries , desalle is out now , some teams are using riders that are not normally gp level , it's going to be an interesting event with lots of normally high placing teams , having a really tough time , I actually think USA are easily the favourites ?

24 minutes ago, mog said:

Yes it sounds totally contradictory,I have never thought of that angle before. I guess it's because teams struggle to get 3 top riders ,if you put age limits on and half the team's won't have a rider for mx2 , I was going to put up a thread about injuries , desalle is out now , some teams are using riders that are not normally gp level , it's going to be an interesting event with lots of normally high placing teams , having a really tough time , I actually think USA are easily the favourites ?

Of course we are, we send our second tier riders and still win! At least that's what I'm hoping. I'll give the Euros credit, these guys go straight from the GP serious with no time off and ride for their country?

55 minutes ago, mog said:

Favorites for 4th place maybe

• Like 2

it never used to be a contradiction to the rules until Giuseppe Luongo got control of FIM motocross and put an age limit and made to 250 class an "entry" class.....sometimes doing what another org is doing  (supercross) isn't the best thing to do but then his changes almost ended Gp racing altogether. .....privateers can't afford it anymore so there simply aren't very many entries...only factory teams

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DesertCR said:

Its a terrible idea. They should get rid of it and maybe more riders would show in the 250 class. They have some serious problems with gate entries, not enough riders...

That's a result of no start money and no purses combined with a huge increase in entry fees. Privateers can't do it unless they are rich....

• Like 2

Kawasaki pulling out of the GP's in the MX2 class.....that certainly can't help the GP's.....maybe they'll put back in the purse money, end the age limit, and lower the entry fees.....naw that ain't going to happen.  Giuseppe will run the series into the ground and walk away with all the money. If other factories start following Kawasaki's lead, we'll see an increase in foreign racers in the AMA Lites class.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Budlite said:

Kawasaki pulling out of the GP's in the MX2 class.....that certainly can't help the GP's.....maybe they'll put back in the purse money, end the age limit, and lower the entry fees.....naw that ain't going to happen.  Giuseppe will run the series into the ground and walk away with all the money. If other factories start following Kawasaki's lead, we'll see an increase in foreign racers in the AMA Lites class.

I'd love to see that happen!!!!