Can this frame be fixed?

My frame folded behind the right foot peg this weekend, shifting the peg downward. From what I know and have read here, common issue on the XRs and lots of people repair without any further problems. I had been planning on having patches welded on over the winter because I was aware of some rot on both sides of the lower tubes, but I simply waited too long and exacerbated the problem. I'm hoping you all can provide me some direction based on the attached pictures while I contemplate my next move. Is welding an option here or am I looking at a new (used) frame? I've read through all of the related threads and know this isn't uncommon, but what I don't know is if my situation is beyond repair. 

Many thanks in advance for your opinions. 

IMG_20170918_161235486.jpg

IMG_20170918_161249289.jpg

IMG_20170918_161254405.jpg

IMG_20170916_115241461.jpg

If you can weld and get some new pieces of tubing it could be fixed.  Most of the frames I've seen for sale have rust and probably not much better. Obvious if you could find a good frame that might be the way to go. 

Im wondering since my frame doesn't seem to be rusting through, is there is anything I can do to keep it that way? 

• Like 2

Where do you live? My welder could sneeze that!

Easy fix. How about you get that whole area cleaned up, down to bare, clean metal, to cut down on any labor time for prep. 

What I would do is cut that whole area out, and buy a foot of same diameter, same thickness steel. And weld that.

And then paint it with OPI Nail polish, you'd never know it happened.

That is hardly a tough job.

Scrap, what a HEEE-HAWWWW

• Like 2

I'm in the Chicago land area. Good to know I'm not chasing my tail by trying to find a local welder who knows what they're doing. Appreciate the responses!

• Like 1