Ultra heavy duty tube

So I need to know something right now so I can place an order. Does a 110/100-18 tube fit a 120/18 tire?  I have a 120. And I want to order this. Is this okay or no? Thanks. 

IMG_1697.PNG

like others have said, the tubes fit a range of tires, just like a range of tires can fit on one size rim.  

The tube you want is typically advertised as fitting 100-120 size tires for a given rim diameter.  The ad you list is just a generic ad that does not have the best description.   You could find 100 different ads saying different things for the same tube.

Michelin makes a tube that is a 140/80-18 . It is bigger than the 100-120/100-18 tubes and with a smaller tire you might have a fun time stuffing it in there, ask me how i know.  :thumbsup:   I believe that tube is more designed for larger dual sport bikes with bigger tires. 

• Like 2

If you use a tube that's too big it will rob some power.
You can add some octane booster or power booster, you'll get more power from the engine and won't notice the heavy tube.
You can buy either at Walmart.

1 hour ago, arthur6 said:

You can add some octane booster or power booster, you'll get more power from the engine and won't notice the heavy tube.

Cute

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arthur6 said:

What was the big idea behind posting something so stupid?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, turbo dan said:

Right?  Guy's looking for help and you get forum trolls like this. Oh well, kids will be kids. Thanks for all the replies. 

Edited by Yamalube317

I recently got into a discussion with some here when he asked why a 18" tube did not completely fill his 18" tire and after a number of replies/questions he could never actually explain HOW he could tell so I gave up :)

Anyway and IMO any 18" tube will work fine in any 18" tire (or for that matter 19" in 19" etc) and see below.

Then for example I carry a light weight 21" tube in my pack and would use it in either a 21" or 18" tire but only in the 18" until I got home, then I would replace it either way with the right size UHD one.

Anyway and personally I use IRC HD tubes and really like them (run my rear as low as 2 PSI) and my local shop only carries one version of each size (18 and 19)

Now with that said, I just checked on RMATV and see the IRC 3mm has options for 18" and 19"

HD.jpg.6ae22733057bb21222e844982209ebd8.jpg

Then same with the Bridgestone UHD 4MM that I believe is the ones in your screen shots.

UHD.jpg.18450e1edf9ead646119f22b8eaf8637.jpg

IMO I would not use a 19" tube in a 18" tire or visa versus UNLESS I was in a pinch BUT IMO I'm sure a 100/100x18 tube would work perfectly fine in a 110/100x18 or 120/100x18" tire and visa versa. (hence why they both have a 110-120x19 tubes or only one option for 21")

My heads slightly spinning after posting this and I'm going back to drinking my beer :)

Edited by filterx
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, filterx said:

I recently got into a discussion with some here when he asked why a 18" tube did not completely fill his 18" tire and after a number of replies/questions he could never actually explain HOW he could tell so I gave up :)

Anyway and IMO any 18" tube will work fine in any 18" tire (or for that matter 19" in 19" etc) and see below.

Then for example I carry a light weight 21" tube in my pack and would use it in either a 21" or 18" tire but only in the 18" until I got home, then I would replace it either way with the right size UHD one.

Anyway and personally I use IRC HD tubes and really like them (run my rear as low as 2 PSI) and my local shop only carries one version of each size (18 and 19)

Now with that said, I just checked on RMATV and see the IRC 3mm has options for 18" and 19"

HD.jpg.6ae22733057bb21222e844982209ebd8.jpg

Then same with the Bridgestone UHD 4MM that I believe is the ones in your screen shots.

UHD.jpg.18450e1edf9ead646119f22b8eaf8637.jpg

IMO I would not use a 19" tube in a 18" tire or visa versus UNLESS I was in a pinch BUT IMO I'm sure a 100/100x18 tube would work perfectly fine in a 110/100x18 or 120/100x18" tire and visa versa. (hence why they both have a 110-120x19 tubes or only one option for 21")

My heads slightly spinning after posting this and I'm going back to drinking my beer :)

Thanks a lot makes sense much appreciated. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, turbo dan said:

That individual is known for that.  One of his recent posts in the XR forum said that he has owned many, many bikes and they all started with 1 kick, absolutely no exceptions.

• Like 2