XR600 Man Cave!

I think I don't like you.  lol I was like, ok cool bike, oh another cool bike, wait a damn Vette too. Damn

Edited by tucan

2 minutes ago, tucan said:

I think I don't like you.  lol I was like, ok cool bike, oh another cool bike, wait a damn Vette too. Damn

Thanks man! It's getting some neon signs above the bar and then pretty much done. Turning out to be a cool place to hang out and hide from the wife!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tucan said:

Looks like a 1980 Corvette.  I hear that those are highly desirable with the 305 engine and all. :lol:

5 hours ago, ScottRNelson said:

Looks like a 1980 Corvette.  I hear that those are highly desirable with the 305 engine and all. :lol:

Close, it's a 76 L-82 Stingray. They are finally being recognized by collectors and increasing in value. Just a fun car though, about double the power it had from the factory.

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr good time said:

Close, it's a 76 L-82 Stingray. They are finally being recognized by collectors and increasing in value. Just a fun car though, about double the power it had from the factory.

Glad you don't have one of the wimpy ones.  A friend of mine had a 1979 and felt lucky to get rid of it for $2500.  He then bought my wife's old VW Beetle as his "reliable" commuter car.  He was actually happier with the bug.

I'm envying your garage.

2 hours ago, ScottRNelson said:

Glad you don't have one of the wimpy ones.  A friend of mine had a 1979 and felt lucky to get rid of it for $2500.  He then bought my wife's old VW Beetle as his "reliable" commuter car.  He was actually happier with the bug.

I'm envying your garage.

Thanks! Yeah, they were whimpy back in this era, mine had 215hp stock with the optional engine. It's in the 450-500 range now, lots of fun!! 

On 9/21/2017 at 11:30 AM, Bruce C said:

What did you use for the floor?   Shop looks great.

Thank you!! It's black epoxy with 10pounds of white, gray and gold flakes. Had it professionally done. It's a new house, but I'd rather be in the man cave than the rest of the house! Thank you all for the nice comments!

On 9/19/2017 at 2:53 PM, Mr good time said:

IMG_3584.JPG

IMG_3586.JPG

IMG_3901.JPG

Back when I was a youngun, a buddy of mine had an orange '76 stingray. He was well known for getting drunk and wandering home with a new acquaintance on any given Friday or Saturday evening. I had to take one for the team and get the stingray home... Tough duty indeed, but I always came through. :)

On 9/23/2017 at 0:23 PM, ThumpNRed said:

Back when I was a youngun, a buddy of mine had an orange '76 stingray. He was well known for getting drunk and wandering home with a new acquaintance on any given Friday or Saturday evening. I had to take one for the team and get the stingray home... Tough duty indeed, but I always came through. :)

Nothing like taking one for the team! Yeah, they are pretty awesome classic cars!