Sx450f AER woods bike?

I've got a 17 sx450f that I'll be riding mainly mx, but I also like to hit the local single track & enduros from time to time. I went with 12/50 gearing (13/50 for mx) & I'm just playing with the suspension now to get it to work good on the tight, gnarly rooty trails... Anybody have much experience withe the sxf aer suspension in the bush?

I've got a 16 that I ride everywhere and it works great for me. I even have a tag and use it for dual sporting in the national forest. Then takes the lights off and race Mx, then go ride nasty log, root, rock infested single-track. Love this bike. I adjust the clickers a little and that's it. Stock gearing. No recluse, no tubliss, just ride. If you suck at riding, it probably won't suit you however

Lol, ya it's definitely rideable everywhere stock. But it's not perfect everywhere... just seeing what people ended up with for settings. I'll be able to get it dialed in for sure, but why not learn from what others have already figured out... right?

• Like 1

If you're in the woods, I highly recommend using an XCF midvalve. I ride just MX and added one but use a MX piston while adding .6 worth of shims to close the spring valve a tad. Helps the fork start to move.

All I ride is MX. If you don't close the spring valve up a little, the bike races through the mid stroke. I've been riding mine with a MX piston in it for a while now. No complains.