What are the general advancements in 2 stroke bikes from 90s to now?

So I'm looking at a new bike. And I was wondering what the overall changes in bikes from the 90s on. I hear suspension was greatly improved in the 2000s. Any info is great! 

You already nailed it, suspension improvements. Like fully adjustable air/gas shocks, lighter frame, lighter everything. Fuel injection, better ignition components. Advancements in tire technology and the wide variety available. More aftermarket vendors, products and support. Then in my opinion and completely anecdotal observation with no research whatsoever... it seems like the components I used to drool over like a hydraulic disc brake or air shock have all become standard, stock equipment. Good luck with your new bike search!

Thanks for your reply! What about vibrations? My POS 90KX definitely let's you feel the engine in every inch of your bones quite heavily. 

2 hours ago, HolyJoe said:

Thanks for your reply! What about vibrations? My POS 90KX definitely let's you feel the engine in every inch of your bones quite heavily. 

Good question. I can only make assumptions like any engine re-designed to have more power and efficiency would probably have less vibration since excess vibration = power loss. Perhaps a newer suspension would soak up some of the low frequency vibration? Have you tried a set of bar adapters (can't think of the proper nomenclature) that have vibration dampening? I've heard good things about those. Are you trying to decide whether to upgrade or buy new?

Looking to buy something decently cheap, but up in Canada so things are a little Moreno expensive.  I have a 90kx250 which is my first bike and I'm very much a beginner but I love it. But It needs a lot of work, so I'm deciding between fixing it up or buying something a little newer.