Who (else) runs a G2 Quick Turn throttle tube?

I just did a quick search in our beloved forum for "Quick Turn Throttle" and while there were no topics that came up, the only replies came from ME, writing that I should get a quick turn throttle, so last night, I ordered one from G2 along with the Jimmy Twister so I can get me some smooooooooooth and hard hitting Beta 478cc's worth of displacement-action.  

I'm already running a G2 aluminum throttle tube but not the quick turn cam/part and NOT the tamer.  

Admittedly, after some 7 1/2 years off from riding dirtbikes, I was rusty this past winter/spring but lately, I've been able to corral and harness the mighty Beta and realize that a quick turn would be awesome along with the Jimmy Twister and its twin ball bearings to let me unleash the power freely and with NO restriction(s).  I think it might be the best mod I'll have made to the bike, other than the Motominded LED headlight, and the Tuff Lites LED turn signals as it is one that will actually change how the bike makes its power.  A more instant hit, bring, it, on.  

Any other of you MF-ers out there that also use the quick turn throttle?  Stand up and be counted ye of upper body superiority, sons and offspring of the Gods of Power and Strength!  

Edited by Ben500RR-S

I ran a quick-turn throttle tube (not G2) on my fuel-injected WR250R.  It went from idle to WOT in 1/6 turn vs. 1/4 turn for the stock tube.  It was great for reducing off-idle twitchiness associated with some EFI bikes, and I liked it for riding roads because I didn't have to twist my wrist as far and hold it there for extended periods of riding.  But I didn't like it at all for off-road riding due to the inherent loss of fine control over the throttle.  Eventually I went to the G2 Dirt Tamer with a 1/4 turn cam that provides good control in the lower RPM range and quick turn in the upper RPM ranger.  Best of both worlds in my experience.

If you dissassemble your throttle and look at the cable cam, you will find it already is a 'throttle tamer' version.

Very progressive action / slow transition cable pull for the first 50% of throttle turn.

If you go to the G2 'throttle tamer' throttle tube, there will only a slight difference/improvement.

1 hour ago, THE KRAN said:

If you dissassemble your throttle and look at the cable cam, you will find it already is a 'throttle tamer' version.

Very progressive action / slow transition cable pull for the first 50% of throttle turn.

If you go to the G2 'throttle tamer' throttle tube, there will only a slight difference/improvement.

I believe the OP was referring to the G2 Quick Turn tube, rather than the G2 Dirt Tamer cam-style.  The quick turn tube has a 10% larger cam than most stock tubes, rather than the custom cam profile found on the Y400 and similar Dirt Tamer tubes.  Not sure how/if this applies to the OP's 4T bike, as I'm a 2T Beta rider.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, wwguy said:

I believe the OP was referring to the G2 Quick Turn tube, rather than the G2 Dirt Tamer cam-style.  The quick turn tube has a 10% larger cam than most stock tubes, rather than the custom cam profile found on the Y400 and similar Dirt Tamer tubes.  Not sure how/if this applies to the OP's 4T bike, as I'm a 2T Beta rider.

This is correct.  I want the balls-to-the-wall instant, kill me in every gear-acceleration.  No waiting, no easy off idle for hard-I want my mommy, my diaper is full-trail sections.  Beat me up, abuse me, call me names, hammer me against my will with young saplings, I want all the power as soon and as hard as I can get it.  I want to be hurt, I want the pain.  I want the RR-S to treat me like I'm Caitlyn Jenner.  

I know, I know.  It starts with the G2 QUICK THROTTLE, then I'll be looking at exhaust and intake mods, cams, then big-bore kit, then Turbo and SuperCharged-nitrous-power to satisfy my need for MORE power.  

I want the opposite of the throttle tamer.  $69.95 for the quick turn.  Another $39.95 for the Jimmy Twister so nothing will slow down the twist to tell the Fuel Injection as fast as possible to "Inject, INJ-ect, INJECT!!!!!!!!"  

Edited by Ben500RR-S

4 hours ago, Ben500RR-S said:

This is correct.  I want the balls-to-the-wall instant, kill me in every gear-acceleration.  No waiting, no easy off idle for hard-I want my mommy-trail sections.  Beat me up, abuse me, call me names, hammer me against my will with young saplings, I want all the power as soon and as hard as I can get it.  I want to be hurt, I want the pain.  I want the RR-S to treat me like I'm Caitlyn Jenner.  

I know, I know.  It starts with the G2 QUICK THROTTLE, then I'll be looking at exhaust and intake mods, cams, then big-bore kit, then Turbo and SuperCharged-nitrous-power to satisfy my need for MORE power.  

I want the opposite of the throttle tamer.  $69.95 for the quick turn.  Another $39.95 for the Jimmy Twister so nothing will slow down the twist to tell the Fuel Injection as fast as possible to "Inject, INJ-ect, INJECT!!!!!!!!"  

Hijack, this just made me lol.  We have a couple old phones mounted to trees out on 2 of our hardest trails, we call them the "mommy phones", so you can call your mommy for help.

1105161326b_zpsa1tkzhgm.jpg

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Danceswithtrees said:

Hijack, this just made me lol.  We have a couple old phones mounted to trees out on 2 of our hardest trails, we call them the "mommy phones", so you can call your mommy for help.

1105161326b_zpsa1tkzhgm.jpg

Yup, it's some good humor.  The "I want my mommy, my diaper is full"-trails, where "My motorcycle is too fast and I'll pay to make it slow down . . .  "  

I would like the exact opposite of that, please.  

Edited by Ben500RR-S

I didn't realize, as I forgot my (flip) phone the past couple of days, that Cody from G2 had called me as he wanted to make sure I was getting the right thing.  

G2 has sent me an extra housing for free to make sure that the quick turn throttle will work with my/our Domino throttle, and that I did, indeed want a quick turn throttle.  

I learned the following as I had no idea how the numbers worked.  I'm getting a 100X cam which is the fastest cam they have for our Beta/Domino throttles.  

He said that the stock Domino/Beta cam is right around a 600X cam.  

A 400 cam is a 20% faster/quicker cam.

300 is 15%

200 is 10%   

I'm prepared to Whisky Throttle, Superman, Loopout Larry-whatever way I can leave my bodyparts on the landscape, I'm ready.  In the famous words of Evel Knievel "Anyone can jump a motorcycle.  The trouble begins when you try to land it."  

25 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

I put the quick turn on my 430 and found I had to roll on the power to get the motor to keep up, so I put back on the stock tube, which rolls it on 'for you'.

This is why I enjoy internet forums, I would never give much thought to stuff until I write about it later and read about others' experiences.  

Now that I think about it, there are long uphill trail sections that have burned into my hard drive where I can now recall that between me twisting the throttle and the bike actually accelerating, and the lag associated with the action(s).  Now that you mention it, I can clearly recall the delay and the ramp up to full power(and subsequent let-off lest I go flinging through the woods/air like a Speederbike in The Empire Strikes Back in the Forest of Endor.  

I'm now going to hope that for me, while there may be the same delay as the cam does nothing to tune the motor, at least I will not have to twist as far.  Same on the street.  

These 500s (and maybe Betas in general) won't get out of their own way until the revs get up a little. I think what you are really wanting is to put on your 13t front sprocket if you haven't already and 50/51 rear. Or just ride a little faster!

I have the 13/48T right now and it is good, about perfect. I have considered a 49T but 13/48 has been fine for all the riding I've been doing so far.  

It is the ergonomic/arm position of it all, that I have to twist so far, which has my forearm/elbow dropping, is needlessly fatiguing.  I think the Quick Turn throttle will be awesome.  

I talked to the guy at G2 and based on your suggestion, asked if they could develop the next evolution in Ergonomic Controls, the G2 Throttle Eliminator.  Taking a cue from the Power Wheels kids electric police motorcycle, with its On/Off power throttle-switch, they will consider the possibility of developing such a thing for riders who demand power either be fully on, or fully off.  

Gentlemen,    Fill!  Your!  Diapers!!!!!

Edited by Ben500RR-S
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben500RR-S said:

I have the 13/48T right now and it is good, about perfect. I have considered a 49T but 13/48 has been fine for all the riding I've been doing so far.  

It is the ergonomic/arm position of it all, that I have to twist so far, which has my forearm/elbow dropping, is needlessly fatiguing.  I think the Quick Turn throttle will be awesome.  

You have no idea what it feels like till you go to 50 or 51. HUUUUGE difference. You can still get to 75mph no problem.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THE KRAN said:

You have no idea what it feels like till you go to 50 or 51. HUUUUGE difference. You can still get to 75mph no problem.

After I get the QT throttle on, I'll see how it feels.  

I had a 85 CR500(nothing can ever be a good comparison, I know but)- that came with a 53T rear.  I have no idea what it had on the front, but it was not rideable with that rear sprocket as it as short-shift-city and that bike was notoriously short geared anyway.  

I had to go down to a 48 to make it rideable at all and even then it as a short shifter.  

As it is, in the (hated, might as well get off and walk) tight trails, I'm in 2nd gear right away anyway and clicking between 2nd and 3rd and getting into 1st on occasion.  

At least on the street, I'm not riding more than 50 mph anyway.  

I do know that next chain and sprocket change I'm going to go with a SuperSprox.