Getting back into it what to buy

Hey so Iv been wanting to get back into riding for a while now but haven't been able to figure out what to actually get.  Buying used as the money isn't really there.  I rode a lot as a kid (track and trail) 80s 85s and 125s but stopped when I was about 14.  I'm 22 now and want to ride again (track and some trails) but not quite sure what to get.  Rode a friends 125 last week and a friends 250f and had no problem controlling eaither even having not ridden for so long.  So I have two bikes In mind one is a 2010 ktm 150sx that's mint and the other is a 06crf450r that's cheaper. Thought about a 250f but I know older used ones arnt so reliable,  that's why I'm thinking of a 450. The 150 is a friends and has like 15 hours on it since new.  Just kinda stuck any help would be awesome thanks 

I think you will be happier with the 125 to start with if it is a good deal.  You can resell and buy a 450 after you have mastered the 125, and you already know the upkeep history.  As long as you are not 300 lbs, the 125 will be powerful and manageable as it not only weighs less, but feels significantly lighter and has a pretty peppy little motor.  I take my sons 125 out and have a blast on it because it seems more flickable( not sure that is a word ).  It does not power out of of the muddy corners like my 350, but with a gear change or two it handles just fine.  It will also help you remember to develop good clutch skills as a smaller 2 stroke takes more finesse.  

Trail is a little different beast, but again, with good clutch control it is also doable.  

just my 2 cents  Bill 

I would go with the 150. It's newer and KTMs always came with way better stock parts. Even 8 yrs ago they were ready to race. The 450 is a beast if your fitness isn't top notch and older carbureted 4 strokes are a pain in the ass to start sometimes. As long as you get a good deal you can always sell it on Craigslist.

Thanks for the replys guys I am leaning towards the 150 it's just the price as I can probably get the 450 for about a grand or more less as long as it's in decent shape

I'd get the 150. The 450 will be a handful especially after an 8 year break. The resale of the 150 should be better as well.