2018 FE350: Is the JD Jetting programmer worth it???

I read over at ktmandhusky.com that they feel their exhaust manifold, exhaust tip and intake tube, combined with a TPS adjustment is the best bang for the money.    Should I just return my JDJetting tuner then?    Or do some of you think it helps in a significant way?    I'm not up for jumping into the Vortex right now.

That's the guy from Bestduelsportsbikes.com. He changed his name because some many people were talking poorly about his stuff. Most think he's selling snake oil. The power surge from JD jetting works if you talk to them and get it set right. I'd get the EU or AU map installed 1st if you haven't already. I had my 350 mapped with a power commander on a dyno for the perfect AF ratio. 

• Like 2

You can squeeze a lot of power out of your bike by opening it up and removing the smog equipment.  Every one of these mods is free.  Then you need to put the $$ toward some way to richen it up. 

If your 350 is anything like the other FE's (mines a 501), they are pretty lean from the factory to meet onroad EPA/CARB regulations.  Pretty much anything you do to uncork your bike - intake or exhaust, and eliminating the smog equipment is going to make it even leaner.  I don't think you can overcome this with TPS alone.  You need to have some way to richen it up -- either an EU or Aussie map (becoming harder to find anyone to do this in the US), a JD or a Vortex.  Instead of an exhaust tip, just unscreen yours.  You shouldn't need an intake tube either. It's simply a piece of aluminum pipe to keep the intake in the airbox from collapsing, but I've not read too many threads about these collapsing.  Apply the money saved on these two items toward a JD or Vortex.  Both will let you richen your bike up.  The Vortex also gives you better ignition maps than your stock US map, and a lot of adjustability for different mods or riding preferences.

Just my $0.02.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, markbfe501 said:

Just my $0.02.

That's what I'm after.    Thanks guys.    I'll report back after I start modding.   I have yet to find anyone in the US that is still doing the Euro code.   PM me if anyone knows of a place!

EU mapping is no longer available in the U.S. and Canada... Once all of the KTM/Husky Dealers update the KM Tool to the latest software the ability to update maps was removed. If you know someone in Europe/Australia, then send them your ECU and maybe they can do it for you.

I Sent my FX350 ecm to tokyo mods for a ecm reflash and its even better than before! (race gas/screenless airfilter cage/full fmf 4.1 with SX header) best 100 bucks spent so far on mods.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, slothy said:

I Sent my FX350 ecm to tokyo mods for a ecm reflash and its even better than before! (race gas/screenless airfilter cage/full fmf 4.1 with SX header) best 100 bucks spent so far on mods.

They make the Vortex, so certainly should know what they are doing!  :thumbsup: