2017 KTM 690 Enduro R - what does KTM mean by 'sporting use' on the maintenance schedule?

I'm at about 2500km on the odometer, did my first scheduled maintenance at 1000km.  Next one is 10k or 'after each sporting use'.

I just got back from doing the Washington Backcountry Discovery Route, where I zoomed around forestry roads, tractored up rocky slopes, bounced around weird roots and big rocks, slid through big sand traps and zoomed at freeway speeds on the way home.  Roughly 1000km of that.

So is that 'sporting use' enough to justify doing the 10k service early?  Or is 'sporting use' something that happens on a MX circuit?

I believe "sporting use" is just a poor translation to English for "race use".  

I change my oil after any big ride. Oil is cheap. 

Things like "new piston and rings after 20 hours use.." I just ignore. 

I too am ignoring the manual as it references oil changes. I'm varying it based upon how I use the bike. And, definitely shorter intervals than suggested for recreational use. For my 1,000 mile change coming up likely after my next ride, I'm going to send the oil in for analysis to Blackstone Laboratories. I want to see how healthy in the engine is post break-in.

• Like 1