94 kx125 cylinder head

I am trying to rebuild a 1994 kx125.  Unfortunately, I believe it has the wrong year model cylinder.  The holes for the coolant from the bottom end and top end do not line up, and one of the holes on the bottom end is completely uncovered when installed.  The guy I got it from said it was a 1998, but when I ran the VIN it comes up as a 1994.  He rebuilt the topend himself and replaced the throttle cable, but apparently installed the wrong parts.  He said he drove it, but the clutch wouldn't work and the coolant would leak out.  Once I took it apart I realized the top end had to be wrong, and the clutch basket was destroyed, not to mention the engine oil looked like glue.  I have ordered a new clutch basket, friction plates, springs and bolts, but I cannot find a cylinder for a '94 model.  If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated. 

I typed the VIN number into the kawasaki website, and it came up with a 1994.  I know that only really pins down the year of the frame.  I don't have the numbers from the cylinder at the moment, I will have to get them when I get off today.  The numbers on the engine are KX125LE000938.

Awesome S.O.A.N.Z.  Thanks for the info.  I think it will be alot easier to find a cylinder in that year range.  Now I just need to get the numbers off of the cylinder and cylinder cover that I have to find out what year it is to see if I can get rid of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sir falls alot said:

Glad S.O.A.N.Z is on TT. Seems like this guy know his stuff and has helped me.

Thanks for that - i dont always get it right

• Like 2