Squeaky front wheel??

I have a 2014 yz450, just bought new tusk impact complete wheels and I transferred over my oversized rotor onto the new front rim, put the correct spacers on that it came with and put the front wheel on the bike the correct way and before I tighten anything the wheel spins fine with no noise or anything when I tighten everything up everything its fine but when I take the bike off the stand and roll it there are 2 spots where it makes a squeaking noise. So far I've made sure the fork alignment is correct, took off the rotor and made sure it wasn't warped, triple checked I was tightening everything in the correct order. Anyone have any idea what it could be? Doesn't seem to be a big deal but it's driving me insane especially after spending the money on new wheels.

As a suggestion, it might be just be the spokes and IMO you should check them before each ride to ensure they are tight and specifically  for a new completely wheel set or if you just re laced a wheel set.

When you say you took off the rotor, can I ask... Did you remove the rotor and then put the wheel back on the bike without the rotor and tried to roll it? If not, try that. This will either rule out the rotor as the sound of the noise, or prove that the issue is with the rotor, or caliper, or caliper bracket..

• Like 1

I checked the spokes for tightness and to see if the wheel was true which turned out good. when I took the rotor off I put the wheel back on without it and it was perfect, just a bit ago I put the rotor back on the stock wheel and it had a slight squeak, so I ended up taking off the oversized bracket and putting it back to stock and put the stock rotor on the new wheel and the squeak/rubbing is gone. So problem had to be either the bracket or rotor I suppose.

Probably the new pads rubbing the rotor ever so slightly. Ride it and I'm sure they'll wear in and the squeak will go away.

I had this on a new set of wheels. Shoot a small spray of lube like triflow on the seals and the noise will be gone if it is like my squeak.

Thanks for the suggestions, ended up being a warped rotor. I couldn't tell but I had some spare time and took it over to a shop and sure enough if was very slightly warped.

• Like 1

Awesome that you figured it out! That warped rotor might not have seemed like a big deal but it would have burned through pads really fast, and would have kept the rotor really hot while riding the bike, and hurt acceleration and braking, and worn out the pad pins over time.. You did the best thing you could have done in this scenario.