DO I need a new carb, choke piece broke off when removing bowl

I have a 05 ttr90 and this tube that is circled broke off right inside the carb.  Is that a replacable part that I can tap out or am I screwed and have to get a new carb?  If so, are there any cheap carbs that I can put on here to get it running again...  

carb.jpg

9 hours ago, S.O.A.N.Z said:

does it still run without it ?

not sure yet, have to order seals and was trying to find out what I need to do about this issue before I order anything..

I believe all that does is suction gas for the choke enriching circuit. Could you squeeze on another tube of same length to replicate the required suction tube? There is nothing too fancy about this type of carbs choke circuit.

• Like 1

As dawicks suggested above, that's seems to be the easiest and cheapest solution to try first.

That part isn't shown to be available separately in the parts Yamaha microfiches, but perhaps from a specialized carburetor part vendor like Sudco.

Unlike a jet, that tube is no doubt pressed into the body and does not simply unscrew.

Likely it is broken 'flush' with the body (post some pics)

but if there is any stub left that you can slide a length of tubing on that might do the trick.

Ideally to make a joint or splice between both broken pieces (and keeping the proper sized orifice at the end)

With these alterations, the engine may not have a steady fast idle when running on the enrichment circuit (choke) but at least will start.

Edited by mlatour