In search of a 2005 - 2007 CR250 cylinder

Hey guys im search of a 2005 to 2007 CR250R cylinder if anyone would have a spare one about? 

Any condition considered, any where on the planet, as I plan on having it replated.

It seems getting one from honda is more challenging than one would think.

Tim

6 hours ago, timo38 said:

yeah thats a bit of a different set up to the 05 - 07. thanks all the same though!

Yup.  You need an 05-07 cyl. otherwise the expansion chamber, cyl head, piston & ecu would need to be changed as well to the 02-04 units.  The ecu would be optional, but it would run optimal since it would have a map designed to run with the corresponding year cyl porting specs..  

I have been looking for one too. According to the dealers the part is on back order rather than discontinued. It's been over a year and I keep checking. I'm not sure if other markets have them like Europe or Australia but I'm concerned that they might not be available again. Perhaps if someone has one or knows where to find one they could post it. The early model cylinders are still available through Honda. I was hoping Honda would make a new batch. 

On 9/20/2017 at 5:08 PM, S.O.A.N.Z said:

its a hard cylinder year to track down - do you have any motorcycle wreckers over your way ?

Theres some but nothing seems to be showing for the 05 - 07, I think people are hanging on to them tightly if theyve got them.

On 9/21/2017 at 0:09 AM, Dklassen said:

I have been looking for one too. According to the dealers the part is on back order rather than discontinued. It's been over a year and I keep checking. I'm not sure if other markets have them like Europe or Australia but I'm concerned that they might not be available again. Perhaps if someone has one or knows where to find one they could post it. The early model cylinders are still available through Honda. I was hoping Honda would make a new batch. 

It sounds like it could be a global thing, Ive ordered 2 here in australia and theyve both been back ordered. I'm hoping they make a new batch too, for now Ive gotten my original one replated which has been a nightmare, Im hoping to even find a trashed out one and have it replated to sit there in a box incase i ever need it as I can imagine finding one is only going to get harder.