2017/18 FE350: Anyone with a Vortex?

Can someone confirm that the Vortex ECU for the FE350 will turn the radiator fan on/off?    I read that other bikes need a manual fan control, but just want confirmation before I shell out the cash!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Paul Gooch said:

Not sure why the 350 would be different, but the fan works great (automatically turns on/off as needed) with my Fe501 too.

The 450 Vortex marketed for the FE/EXC was made for the SXF and didn't have the fan function, so assuming the concern was similar for the 350.

Edited by markbfe501
  • Like 2

I have the same problem with the fan not turning on.  So is there anyway to get the Vortex to make the fan turn on automatically?  I have never heard or seen my fan turn on either.... 

I have a 17 FE350 with the vortex...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, santacruzt100 said:

I have the same problem with the fan not turning on.  So is there anyway to get the Vortex to make the fan turn on automatically?  I have never heard or seen my fan turn on either.... 

I have a 17 FE350 with the vortex...

I'm on a 2018 FE350 and it works for me.    As I understand the 17' and 18' are the same bikes, other than the brakes.   The p/n my Vortex is KTM350EXCF_17.   Is yours the same?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, JorgeL said:

I'm on a 2018 FE350 and it works for me.    As I understand the 17' and 18' are the same bikes, other than the brakes.   The p/n my Vortex is KTM350EXCF_17.   Is yours the same?

Ya thats the same part number as my Vortex. I haven't ridden anything 1st gear really. How often should the fan turn on after a day of 3rd gear and higher riding? 

thanks for the help!

@santacruzt100 -  It needs to sit and idle for quite awhile.   When starting from cold, it takes 8-10 minutes for it to kick on.   If you are doing 2nd and 3rd gear riding, then stop and shut off, the fan will never need to pop on.   Slow creeping or running while on the kickstand will do it though.   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JorgeL said:

@santacruzt100 -  It needs to sit and idle for quite awhile.   When starting from cold, it takes 8-10 minutes for it to kick on.   If you are doing 2nd and 3rd gear riding, then stop and shut off, the fan will never need to pop on.   Slow creeping or running while on the kickstand will do it though.   

Awesome, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help! I also have the Evans waterless coolant in it if that matters. 

On 11/17/2017 at 6:52 PM, santacruzt100 said:

Awesome, I'll give that a try. Thanks for the help! I also have the Evans waterless coolant in it if that matters. 

Thanks for the help JorgeL. The fan does work just fine. I just need to ride slower 1st gear trails I guess! lol

• Like 1