X-Trig PHDS Bar Mounts.. anyone run these?!

29 minutes ago, ballisticexchris said:

I almost got a set but decided against it because they would not work with steering damper. 

I think they make a top mount clamp that works with these and the Damper.. saw it on their site.  However it would be a top mount damper.

11 minutes ago, NW_drZ said:

Thanks Kran, was just curious whether they had a "noticeable" effect or not.

I have the submount from BRP with a simalar 'elastomeric isolation' mounts, and it does nothing to quell vibration, in my opinion...

https://thumpertalk.com/applications/core/interface/imageproxy/imageproxy.php?img=http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm80/dyrtmon/038Medium.jpg&key=31973fb46b918a72bb45be6c817d037466566800f4b0a63e859154e39ec0a732

Edited by THE KRAN

I can say that almost every EX pro uses the x-trig on their race bikes. I guess they reduce some of the shock. They also raise the bars up somewhat.

We made sure Beta didn't put them on Ty's race bike (Max Gerston uses them) since he doesn't have them for the practice bike and we want the two bikes to be as close to the same as possible. Plus I didn't want to pay that much just to try something. 

• Like 1

I can say that almost every EX pro uses the x-trig on their race bikes. I guess they reduce some of the shock. They also raise the bars up somewhat.
We made sure Beta didn't put them on Ty's race bike (Max Gerston uses them) since he doesn't have them for the practice bike and we want the two bikes to be as close to the same as possible. Plus I didn't want to pay that much just to try something. 

Agreed on that. A pricey investment for something with little feedback. All I have found so far is that the green (softest) bushings are noticeable and help.

1 hour ago, tyler90 said:

I bought the mounts for my Husqvarna and although I do like them (with the optional green elastomers) they do seem to allow the bars to tweak more often when crashing hard, which requires loosening and adjusting them which sucks

with the green bushings would you say you notice difference on trail hack and bumps?  less arm fatigue?

Sounds like you might be trying to solve a suspension problem with the wrong tool. Get your forks setup the best they can be first. If your holding too tight it could be your not confident in the fork to do its job. And no, stock is not good enough. After that experiment with dampers and Flexxbars. I run Flexxbars as I had them from another bike. I like them, but I run the stiff elastomers as I do not like to notice movement. The KYB fork is what does the job in the rocks and chop, an order of magnitude better than an OC Sachs.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 9/20/2017 at 5:23 PM, NW_drZ said:

Thanks Kran, was just curious whether they had a "noticeable" effect or not.

They are no metal to metal.

They re damped in vertical way and metal on rotation to keep streering precision, unlike classic rubber mount that give a mushy feeling in the steering. That is all the point about the system and it work really great.

• Like 1

I've used the KTM PHDS (same thing but KTM branded) for about 8 years and move them from bike to bike. I use the green elastomers and change them about every 18 months.

I have inflammatory arthritis and they do help take the hit out of the rocky terrain I ride in. They also help with vibration too. 

I like the look of the Mako 360 but they are stupidly expensive by the time they get to the UK.

• Like 1