Talon Carbon Hubs + DID LTX rims

Hi guys,

I bought a set of rims + hubs around 3 years ago..........at that time I was looking for a light set of aftermarket wheels, this week  I m changing bearings (front and rear) and I thought It wiil be good to share my experience with you.

Positives

- Great looks, Talon Carbon are a piece of beauty.........I get a lot of complements regarding the set of wheels

- Pretty good long term durability (I was in the fence with the carbon hubs)......after 3 years this is the first bearing changes (and the bearing were good after 3 years).........runs very true and smooth. 

- Riding feel, wheel set gives you a more rigid feel while riding, the good things is that translate in more feeling of the wheels

- Weight, I dont have hard data, but its close to the honda OEM wheel (or a little bit heavier), but the are much more strong

- Quality, amazing, every part of the hub is awesome, you can feel the quality having the parts in your hands

- Replacement parts, Dubya has everything to rebuild your wheels (bearing, spokes, etc)

Negatives

- I broke one spoke every 4-6 months, I have changed like 8-10 broken spokes............bulldog spokes broke at the hub side (I m a heavy dude, 210 lb naked and a like to jump, nothing crazy, mx tracks stuff)

- Black rims, great looks at the begining but then after some use the look a bit dated

- Rigid feel, in some beat up tracks I really feel better with the more forgiven feel of the OEM set of wheels..........OEM wheel feels like 1-2 clicks softer in compression than Talon + DID LTX

- Price, it was at the expensive side

- Disc brake screws get rusty after some use

Attached some photos, I hope this help you guys.

Regards,

s1600_FRO_7914.jpg

s1600_FRO_7919.jpg

s1600_FRO_7946.jpg

s1600_FRO_7954.jpg

I am a bigger guy and had even more go wrong when I ran a few sets of those hubs. Fixed them up and sold them to a lighter and faster guy and he's still using them years later.

I am a bigger guy and had even more go wrong when I ran a few sets of those hubs. Fixed them up and sold them to a lighter and faster guy and he's still using them years later.

Have you had the bearing housing on the hub itself wear out? I’ve had 2 separate talon hubs have play in the wheel that turned out to be the hub, not the bearings. When I went to replace the bearings the would slide around and not stay seated.

3 minutes ago, terrobelone said:

Have you had the bearing housing on the hub itself wear out? I’ve had 2 separate talon hubs have play in the wheel that turned out to be the hub, not the bearings. When I went to replace the bearings the would slide around and not stay seated.

Nope, just overall unhappy with them...