Neck brace after breaking collar bone - big bump

My son broke his collar bone last week and it was an angular break so they decided no surgery.  Now that the swelling has gone down, there is a pretty good size bump.  For people who have broken their collar bone and wear a leatt brace, does the brace bother your bump when you ride?  

Please don't offer advice on wearing versus not wearing a neck brace and he didn't break his collar bone on a motorcycle.

Hey man! I am sorry to hear that! i hope he gets well soon and back on his bike! Honestly, it feels pretty good after you've gotten used to it. They feel great! I barely notice mine anymore! I HIGHLY 9meaning you've got to get him) the Leatt GPX 4.5. Thats been the best, most comfortable brace I've ever worn. 

Leatt makes chest protectors that let the brace tuck under the hard parts and it's strapped in by the chest protector to keep it from moving and the chest protector itself would fit the bump without a problem. It's a comfy combo, I wear the two together. 4.5 neck brace and adventure chest protector. I doubt it'd interfere with his bump as the chest protector doesn't interfere with my giant gut 😂

I have a plated collarbone and can't stand even trying a Leatt on the way it sits.  I have an Atlas Air and don't even notice it, it fits very well.  I know of several guys with CB breaks caused by the Leatt in minor falls. 

2 minutes ago, GP said:

I have a plated collarbone and can't stand even trying a Leatt on the way it sits.  I have an Atlas Air and don't even notice it, it fits very well.  I know of several guys with CB breaks caused by the Leatt in minor falls. 

I have an Atlas and agree it is remarkably comfortable.  But, the new Leatts don't seem like they would bother your clavicles, my son has one and it seems ok to me.  Like I said, AFAIK the only one that actually sits on the clavicles is the cheap one from EVS.

1 minute ago, cjjeepercreeper said:

I have an Atlas and agree it is remarkably comfortable.  But, the new Leatts don't seem like they would bother your clavicles, my son has one and it seems ok to me.  Like I said, AFAIK the only one that actually sits on the clavicles is the cheap one from EVS.

Perhaps,  only familiar with the Leatt that was current when the Atlas Air came out.  I would hope they improved based on better competition.  I've had two crashes where I felt the brace stop my helmet, one pretty good one that left rubber marks from the trim of the helmet on the brace.  Good product, comfortable and does its job.

• Like 1