Honda XLX 350

Please can someone help me with as much information pertaining to the Honda XLX 350 I cannot seem to find a work shop manual for the bike please can someone help there are a few issues I'm having one of which the petrol tank is rusted inside there seems to be an oil leak where the speedo cable plugs in I have put window putty to stop the oil but what can I do to the tank DIY preferably one more thing the bike goes I use it everyday it just seems to lack power when I throttle up I will be riding along and want to accelerate the revs go up but she barely moves faster than going speed could someone maybe give me some ideas as to what this could be symptoms of so I can know where to start to look 

Thanks in advance

Edited by QuintonH
Added info

XLX? Post the frame number, usually stamped on the steering head, or post a photo.

Your clutch is slipping, either because its knackered ,or the cable is adjusted wrong, or someone has put car oil in it instead of bike oil.

xlx 350,i believe was made for Brazilian market only,sort of a XL version of the 84 XR350...but steel tank and road orientated,  im in Namibia and had one in for repairs, but no idea how it made its way to Namibia(or as Mr Trump says "Nambia)

Be that as it may, same clutch parts as XR350 R, so it sounds like you need a clutch job, if as the other comment was that your cable is not overly tight! make sure theres Freeplay.

You can get your tank acid washed and epoxied, their are kits available to repair bad steel tank internals, other than that ,try a XR350/500/600 plastick tank.

• Like 1

As previously stated put a XR350R gas tank on it (Plastic) rebuild the clutch with an XR350R rebuild kit, adjust clutch cable with 1/8" free play at the lever end. Use a good grade of MOTOR CYCLE OIL (Like) Lucas 10W40, I'm not promoting Lucas it is just what I like to use in my 1985 XR350R. Then go ride go ride!

I definitely will give the new oil a run I don't want to over think it I'm running on a 15w40 would it be good to drain the oil and clean everything off before putting in the new oil I must say I was very surprised that when I go on a long ride not far but ie 5km she warms and rides like a demon but I do agree everything you mentioned needs adjusting cause often after she has heated up I battle to disengage her put her in neutral my ignition isn't working so I turn her off by pulling choke out can this be detrimental as all these things were damaged when they stole her including the kill switch thank you for the helpful feedback