kx100 for cfr450x needs valves

hey guys i know I've been on this site a lot lately but I am curious about one inquiry i got on my kx100. I bought a project kx250f for $200 and never got around to fixing it so i started to look around at possible trades and found a 2003 kx100 and i asked the guy if he wanted to trade and he said "sure" so we traded and i technically got a running kx100 for $200 and thats one of my other topics i posted. And i posted the kx100 to see what i could get for it and one guy offered to trade his 2005 crf450x that needs its valves replaced. I was wondering if it is a good trade because live always liked the crf250x and 450x. Is it a good trade and how much money would it be to replace the valves? 

Thanks!!!

If the motor isn't disassembled I'd assume it would need a full rebuild or about $2K of work.

Doc

• Like 1

and I'm wondering if it is just a better deal to take the crf because the kx100 is a motocross bike and that requires a lot of maintenance in the future. Where as the crf is a trail bike that will need maintenance now but won't require a lot in the future

You know it'll need motor work.  I'd plan on $750 on the low end and $2K on the high end  The biggest problem I see is that you took on a 4 stroke project before and it went nowhere.  Are you committed to either doing the work yourself or sending the motor out?  If not, you better look for a running bike otherwise you'll have that 450 sitting in your garage collecting dust for a long time.

Doc

• Like 2

and I'm wondering if it is just a better deal to take the crf because the kx100 is a motocross bike and that requires a lot of maintenance in the future. Where as the crf is a trail bike that will need maintenance now but won't require a lot in the future

The CRF is a slightly detuned MX bike.

Your safe bet is to fix the KX up as nice as you can and flip it. The CRF will require more money to fix. At the end of the day the profit will probably be about the same but there is a much higher risk of actually loosing money.

• Like 1