Which EXC: 250 or 350?

Basically, is the 350 worth the price premium? Anyone get the 250 and wish they got the 350?

I'm 140 pounds soaking wet, and I ride a combo of tight technical single track, two-track, easy trails, foreroads, and the very occasional jaunt into town on the street (I have a street bike too). 

I'd go for the 250 and save a chunk of money, as it should have plenty of power for me, but I tend to like lugging it on the trails, which on a 250 usually necessitates really low gearing which would be a compromise on a bike that sees any road use at all.

i like the idea of the 350, but it's also almost $2k more at my local dealer, and at like $11k OTD, that's a huge amount of money for a dirtbike. I could use the savings on tires, desmogging, guards, etc, and have a well setup 250 for still less than the 350.

I don't recall there being much difference in price between any of the models.  Seems like they went up a couple of hundred for each next size.  And I'm sure you can get a new 17 350 for a lot less than $11K.  Not sure where you are, but they were discounting all the 17's at my Husky dealer in Mobile, AL.  The 18's were certainly a lot more.  I'd call around.    

At 140 pounds...the 250 will likely give you all the "power" you need....but the 350 will definitely give you better "lug-ability".

I ride a 350 XCF-W and do a lot of really gnarly technical stuff as well as single track...the ability to lug is a huge asset in keeping good steady tractable and controllable power delivery onto the ground.

The 350, as others have said, would also likely be an easier re-sale...and command a higher price due to greater demand....so ultimately you are likely to get more of your money back down the road.

Tough decision....any chance you can ride someones 250?

What do you ride now??

I recently picked up a '10 RMZ250 on a trade. It's got plenty of power for me, but it definitely doesn't like to be lugged and it's got quite a "hit" to the power as well. Not at all a good trail bike so I'll probably flip it. 

My deaer has the '17 250 EXC for 8400++, while the 350 is 9400++. So not 2k difference like I thought, but still fairly significant. I'm in WA - dealers tend to not budge around here on anything, and KTMs sell extremely well here already. Not sure if they'll mark down the '17s this fall. 

Yeah....the RMZ is a motocross bike....not something I would choose for the enduro type situation you say you ride in.

Either the 250 or 350 will be a big step forward in having the correct type of bike for the riding you do.