Jump to content

2017 450rx & r Dump the Dual's ?

Recommended Posts

Looks like FMF stepped up and just came out with single exhaust systems for these bikes, they claim more power and lighter and 94 db. Also comes with a new LH  number plate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, ktm300 said:

Looks like FMF stepped up and just came out with single exhaust systems for these bikes, they claim more power and lighter and 94 db. Also comes with a new LH  number plate.

Thank you, great news. I really don't like the dual mufflers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good to know. If I crash and ruin the dual I will most likely go to this single. Thanks!

Edited by mrmoto35

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a picture of it on the bike on their facebook webpage. Looks like it sticks out really far compared to the duals. Might just pay the extra $$ for the duals and keep them tucked in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, dc182 said:

There is a picture of it on the bike on their facebook webpage. Looks like it sticks out really far compared to the duals. Might just pay the extra $$ for the duals and keep them tucked in.

Recently went to a KTM demo day. On most of their bikes my right leg kept kicking on bottom edge of the rear number place. Don't know how... but I do know I kind of like my duals now... Yoshi of course.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You'd think with two mufflers you could make a system that flows well and makes less noise, I have the Fast Way end caps and it's still to loud for most places. I've had the stock mufflers apart, I'd guess part of the reason those mufflers don't seem to muffle much is there only perforated a little over half way down the muffler, the rest is solid tube.

I have the Q on order, I'll sound test before and after. 

 

      

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking forward to a ride report and sound meter results.  The stock bike is too loud, we need to be under 96 dBa to race around here!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stroker said:

Looking forward to a ride report and sound meter results.  The stock bike is too loud, we need to be under 96 dBa to race around here!

if you think the stockers are loud, you will hate the fmf duals. I am about to order the quiet inserts for them.

Sorry I don't have sound meter results, but they are loud enough to make me just about start wearing ear plugs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Single fmf system is 4lbs lighter vs stock and makes more power.FMF tech said their dual vs their single only dif is weight and cost. With the single being lighter and cheaper.The single system worked really good on my 13 and 15.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the full Yosh and they are a little bit more quiet then stock. They do add some power as well. Sorry I do not have numbers to post. I have no way to pull the numbers. And none of the tracks we frequent care about sound level

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the yosh on my 17 AL cans stainless header. It does make more power vs stock.The stainless system is 1lb heavier than stock. On my 13 had yosh,put on the fmf single system ,the single felt stronger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/22/2017 at 3:25 PM, stroker said:

Looking forward to a ride report and sound meter results.  The stock bike is too loud, we need to be under 96 dBa to race around here!

I did a race a few weeks ago at Hollister Hills SVRA where they do sound test. I was really worried about it because my 17 with stock exhausts does seem loud, and I've never repacked the mufflers on it, so I was very surprised when it passed easily. I tried to look at the meter while they were testing it and I'm pretty sure it said 92! Is it possible the duals "sound" loud subjectively speaking, but measure on the low side?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, matte said:

I did a race a few weeks ago at Hollister Hills SVRA where they do sound test. I was really worried about it because my 17 with stock exhausts does seem loud, and I've never repacked the mufflers on it, so I was very surprised when it passed easily. I tried to look at the meter while they were testing it and I'm pretty sure it said 92! Is it possible the duals "sound" loud subjectively speaking, but measure on the low side?

 I was under the impression the point of duals is it bring the mass inward but also gives more muffler internal area and that brings the noise down without choking it up any..

Correct me if I'm wrong but 92 would be impressive on a stock system regardless

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, jblob said:

 I was under the impression the point of duals is it bring the mass inward but also gives more muffler internal area and that brings the noise down without choking it up any..

Correct me if I'm wrong but 92 would be impressive on a stock system regardless

yeah, 92 is pretty low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×