TTR 125 Le differences

Looking to get a used TTR 125 L with electric start for my son and I'm trying to figure out the differences in model years.  From what I can tell they changed the body style in 2008 to the more "yz" like body work yet I've seen 2 different 2009's with what looks like the older tank, shrouds, and seat so were they both available?  Is the carb change in 2008 make any difference or is truly for the push/pull cable style instead of the single cable?  I've got my eye on a 2006, 2009, and a 2012 model.  I can get the 2006 and 2009 for pretty much the same price but will need to pay another $500 to get the 2012, would the newer model be worth the extra money?  Also back to my question about the 2009, there are two I'm looking at and both have the older style tank and shrouds yet there is a 2008 with the new style so is there really any noticeable difference handling and ergonomics between them?  Anything known issues to look out for with these bikes?  I know this is the TTR forum but I'm also checking out a 2011 KLX140L and wanted to know if anyone has any experience with this bike and how it stacks up to the ttr?  Oh and I've been researching these two bikes for days watching youtube, google searches, reading forums and I can't find anymore info.  

Thanks,

Chris

my son just bought a 2009 ttr125L with electric start, we go to pick it up in a week.  Main reason we picked that model is that my buddy works for yamaha and said he'll help us with any repairs so long as we buy blue.  He said that all those years are virtually the same bike, and they're pretty much bullet proof.  So similar, that he gave me a spare tail pipe he had and said it would fit quite a range of years.  So, I think you're looking at pretty much the exact same bike with a different year stamped on it.  We haven't got the bike back home yet, so can't really tell you much else yet.

Those "09's" that look like the older ones are mis-advertised.  In 08 they changed styling.  Because these bikes are cheap, many people don't transfer titles and therefore don't even know what year they have.  If it looks older, it is.