FE350 - How to pull the exhaust end cap?

How do you pull the darn end cap off the exhaust!?!   My bike is nearly new, I've removed the screws and this sucker will not come out!    Can I stuff a wooden rod in the opposite side and start hammering?    I don't want to do that unless I know it's safe to do.

I had to use a rubber mallet and just hit it over and over and over all around before it started to move. Didn't dent though so no biggy.

• Like 1

Clamp the can in a bench vise using something soft to protect the finish, then get out a big rubber mallet and begin beating the hell out of it! Maybe a little heat around the seam to release the death grip on whatever sealant they used at the factory. It'll come off

• Like 1

I almost gave up on mine. The can is easily dented and scratched, but the end cap is pretty tough. I used a gasket scraper & hammer and worked around the seam between the two. There was no sealant or anything on mine, it was just a tight bastage! 

Dead blow hammer all around until you get a small gap between the can and the cap. The tap on that edge using a piece of hard wood or hard plastic tool. Or pry it out with a plastic tool like the ones used for car interior body work. I did it with the can was still attached to the bike. 

• Like 1

Yup, beating the hell out of it was the answer. I was afraid to use my dead blow hammer, but it worked great and did not dent it.