Jump to content

Open Invite: Gifford Monday and Tuesday

Recommended Posts

Hitting some advanced/expert trails. I'm on a trip with my biz partner and camping near windy ridge. If you are advanced rider or better, join us for what appears to be perfect conditions. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

really??

“They’re taking our trails...”

tomorrow you might be dead. You want it at the bottom of your bowl of cereal, or the bottom of a cliff?

EA4F1874-7CF0-4D0C-8299-3CCBE3CA1EC7.jpeg.04edfc2f623e15b4d2f0bd3bb86041f6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/25/2017 at 10:22 AM, Oregon Comrade said:

Cool helmet!  What the heck is it?

It’s an Airoh trials helmet with an added face mask. I zip tied a baseball face mask in the ear holes.  It’s meant for high heat and humidity riding. It keeps you cool and zero goggle fog. It’s Tahuya tested!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The two day ride turned into one epic retard adventure. Flip over the bars with a full body slam. Rain, dark, out of gas kind of mayhem. 

So instead of riding today we drove to California for our next ride in Downieville 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TigerTanker said:

E7919C45-2B9E-4484-A361-4DADB8CBC382.jpeg

06E748F5-A8C6-4676-AFAF-F5F88F2FFBDA.jpeg

E7666DAA-4766-43E8-8A21-687E876BE0E2.jpeg

93C7DE9C-F7FE-4B50-82C2-54F38A6E4584.jpeg

Looks Like West side of Giff. Just did this for the first time on Sunday. A little more technical than the East side, awesome trails! 

Badger Peak was Impressive!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RollieW said:

I wasn't expecting the muck on Summit Prairie. Sorry about that. hahaaaaa.

Your suggestions were good. We were on the proper sides of the mud flows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting to run into some snow fall this weekend as we are doing Langille sat. Could be one for the story books! lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard langille was nice and sunny while we were stuck in the muck and mire on 18 and Boundary trail. Still can't beat Gifford!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve ridden in almost every western state since April. There is no place like home. Gifford and Naches in my opinion are second to none. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/2/2017 at 7:18 AM, rlucas1986 said:

I heard langille was nice and sunny while we were stuck in the muck and mire on 18 and Boundary trail. Still can't beat Gifford!

Yeah we hoped for that but we were wet and cold after the first mile lol. Our last stop for a break was at the top of Rough trail. We got to cold while resting as it started snowing and blowing hard. The rest of the day was just keep moving to stay warm. Then we missed the 1A trail and had to turn around(almost lost bike over edge!) then I got body slammed by GP himself right into a rootwad and finished the day barely able to breath lol. When we were done my 67year old uncle on a xr250 said that would be the last time he goes over Langille! Can't wait to do it again next year as my ribs are healing now. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎8‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, ricky racer said:

Yeah we hoped for that but we were wet and cold after the first mile lol. Our last stop for a break was at the top of Rough trail. We got to cold while resting as it started snowing and blowing hard. The rest of the day was just keep moving to stay warm. Then we missed the 1A trail and had to turn around(almost lost bike over edge!) then I got body slammed by GP himself right into a rootwad and finished the day barely able to breath lol. When we were done my 67year old uncle on a xr250 said that would be the last time he goes over Langille! Can't wait to do it again next year as my ribs are healing now. 

I talked to you guys on Boundary after passing your friend on 1A. We rode 30,80a,mesquito meadows then Langille. We got rained on while on road 28 and a nice shower right before arriving back at the truck. That is the easiest (for me) that Langille ever was to ride. Not sure how we missed most of the rain that was around.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, RollieW said:

I talked to you guys on Boundary after passing your friend on 1A. We rode 30,80a,mesquito meadows then Langille. We got rained on while on road 28 and a nice shower right before arriving back at the truck. That is the easiest (for me) that Langille ever was to ride. Not sure how we missed most of the rain that was around.

We didn't get rained on for the most part just got wet from the brush coming up the start of Langille. Had water running out my jacket sleeves like a river. Need better foul weather gear.  I have been trying to valve my suspension myself and had it way off this time. beat me up in the rocks and made me real tired. Craig is now doing it so my trial and mostly error can stop. lol  Trial was not very difficult but I was real cold and wet so made it more difficult. My brother bought a new Husky TE300 and was ready to do more trails after Langille and usually he is the first to get tired! Guess I need to get off my kids bike and buy a new plush and much lighter ride again :) Looks like the snow will be back this week. Craig told me a story about going down Rough trail! Sounds like its really NO fun. Where do you usually ride in the winter when GP is covered in snow Rollie? I think I have seen you on every trip I made this year(4)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, ricky racer said:

We didn't get rained on for the most part just got wet from the brush coming up the start of Langille. Had water running out my jacket sleeves like a river. Need better foul weather gear.  I have been trying to valve my suspension myself and had it way off this time. beat me up in the rocks and made me real tired. Craig is now doing it so my trial and mostly error can stop. lol  Trial was not very difficult but I was real cold and wet so made it more difficult. My brother bought a new Husky TE300 and was ready to do more trails after Langille and usually he is the first to get tired! Guess I need to get off my kids bike and buy a new plush and much lighter ride again :) Looks like the snow will be back this week. Craig told me a story about going down Rough trail! Sounds like its really NO fun. Where do you usually ride in the winter when GP is covered in snow Rollie? I think I have seen you on every trip I made this year(4)

I usually ride east side of Hood River. Craig took me down Rough trail one time, same day I saw a large cougar up there. I have been tinkering with my suspension as well, nothing ever turns out like a CB Racing re-valve though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Reply with:


×