I'm not allowed to ride anymore

I broke my leg in April and my mom is too scared to let me ride anymore even though I've been doing it for 10 years, anyone have any ideas on how I can convince her?

Don't try to convince her that it's safe. 

Share how important it is to you. 

I fought for years as a kid for a bike . They eventually gave in and it changed my life.  Persistence pays most of the time.

• Like 7

Take up venomous snake hunting and collecting, she will put you back on the bike in no time after you bring home the first diamond back.

• Like 6

Get into rodeo for a while. :lol:  My parents had no problems with me racing snowmobiles or motorcycles after that. bullriderrm2-L.gif

IMG_0147-L.jpg

But seriously .... sounds like you're under their roof, physically and financially, for the time being.  Concentrate on your future right now.

Move out, work for your bills/toys, and make time for hobbies.  Then they don't really have a say into what you can/can't do. 

IMG_20160301_184606789-L.jpg

• Like 12

pretend that your bike got stolen or sold and keep at at a good friends house..always have a skateboard,better yet a soccer ball with all the get up..socks,shoes,fake team shirt.long white socks with you so if you break something again,you have your buddy bring you to a grass field and take a pic or text a vid of you rolling around in the grass with your foot on backwards titled COME QUICK PLEASE! BRING VISA...Maybe I'd stick with the skateboard vid,I was just thinking a goodie goodie sport,but too many questions can arise..When did you join? How come Ive never been to your games? etc etc

• Like 3

Tell her if you can't ride dirt bikes you are going to start riding a quad with a rekluse.  No mother wants to see their son grow up like that.  

Doc

• Like 13

I suggest you talk to her like an adult.  Express how much it means to you.  Offer to pay back your medical costs and tell her you will pay for future medical costs.  Also tell her you will take it down a notch and do your absolute best to avoid injury but don't promise you won't get hurt because that is just a lie.  You can't guarantee that.  Ask her if she has other suggestions that would allow you to ride again.  Good luck.

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, 4Sevens said:

Also tell her you will take it down a notch ...

bwhahahah..

until you start losing your buddies on the trail and have to catch up, etc.

people rarely "tone it down" a notch.. it just doesn't work that way, at least for me. 

• Like 1

Just now, malignity said:

bwhahahah..

until you start losing your buddies on the trail and have to catch up, etc.

people rarely "tone it down" a notch.. it just doesn't work that way, at least for me. 

Well if it's a choice between no riding or taking it down a notch, I would take it down a notch...until instinct kicks in.  LOL.  Hey, he can try right.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Still Bill said:

Shave your legs.  Put on some make-up.  She will come around eventually.

You forgot the dress and wig get up too. Arrange for "dates" with "tranny chasers" and just tell her that your life got so boring without a bike so you thought you'd try something new. :smirk:

Edited by shrubitup
  • Like 4