Frustrated

Who would have thought finding a pair of spring forks to replace the air jobbers on my 15 CRF450R would be so difficult. The season up here in Alberta is coming to a close before long and I was hoping to come across a pair of spring forks before seasons end. So far my options have come down to buying a new pair, spring and valve them or buy a used bike simply for the forks. Both are expensive routes to take. Can't seem to find a used pair anywhere.

Yeah I've looked at the ones from MX Tech. To be honest though, I wish they provided a little more info on the system. Perhaps I'm just overlooking the info but I don't know if their system mimics an OEM system with both inner and outer oil chambers or if it's some other tech.

Yeah I would look into a spring conversion for what you have. The telephone is a magical device, it has the ability to connect you with people any where in the world and get all the answers you need

• Like 1

:lol:  Not picking on 73 but why is it so many waste a lot of time when a single phone call to an obvious source will give an immediate, credible answer to most product tech questions? See the same thing day after day after day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. We seem to be losing the ability to communicate.

Edited by YHGEORGE
  • Like 1

Seems some folks need to follow the old saying of not assuming......prior to my post I have emailed several suspension companies and phoned two of them. Of the emails sent only one company took the time to answer, in depth the multitude of questions I had. The other replies were essentially quotes off of their website homepages.

Of the phone calls placed, one has not been returned and the other asked me to send an email to the tech department.

Edited by mxr73

Understood. Many technically accomplished tuners are quite limited at the overall business model. Communication seems to be a common failing.

I agree, YHGEORGE. It's really quite surprising.....granted I account for a forgettable number in their profit margin but I honestly expected a little more effort from the companies that did communicate with me.

That's why I turn to forums like this one. Usually exceptional advice is given based on first hand experience...of course there's always the "throw-away" comments, but it's the internet....it's bound to happen.

:lol:  Not picking on 73 but why is it so many waste a lot of time when a single phone call to an obvious source will give an immediate, credible answer to most product tech questions? See the same thing day after day after day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. We seem to be losing the ability to communicate.

I have one reason...for me...I have this odd phobia of talking to people on the phone...I am not kidding...texting was heaven sent to me...I had a successful engineering and business career, but it was work to pick up the phone and call someone...I had to deal with it...I know...its hard for people to get...

As a tuner, I much prefer a phone call than an email. 

"I have a 2015 CRF250...What mods have you got for that and how much will it cost"?

This could easliy turn into a 3 page reply, when a 5 minute phone call will answer so much more and allow you to target the right information.

Be persistant. You'll get the answers.

• Like 1