2004 CRF 230f starter stud wire

I'm trying to figure out if I have the starter motor wired right, can someone help me by showing me a picture on the battery side where the wire from the starter stud should go? 

I've tried everything and I'm thinking it's either I have it worked wrong or the neutral switch is messed up

From what i can tell, the wire goes to the solenoid, but its only long enough to goto the negative on the battery Oo, I repaired two cut wires, they were green and red, i put a wire together, its a splice on the main harness , it looks like it comes from the clutch sensor, and goes to the neutral switch, and to the solenoid, there was nothing going from the main harness to the neutral switch, it looked broken when i started, should i just un do the repair?

Not sure if you can tell, but the main harness and the stator hookups green with red wire i repaired.

Im thinking if this isnt it or the wire on the starter, im lost

21908395_1740430576250448_2009654269_o.jpg

21908630_1740430606250445_1525441615_o.jpg

Please tell me I have something screwed up, and the neutral switch, how can I disable it, looks like the wires cut off

IMG_20170922_133447010.jpg

IMG_20170922_133909183.jpg

IMG_20170922_133318122.jpg

IMG_20170922_133453379.jpg

IMG_20170922_133351780.jpg

IMG_20170922_133903161.jpg

Not going to run too well till the carb is installed correctly....

It’s hard to believe that your working on the bike when it is so fricken dirty.

In fact it’s “ Unbelievable” but I seen it with my own eyes.

I'm just trying to get it to crank, then after that I can clean her up, the bike had a very hard life, and yes the carb need to go forward more, the rear on the air box it won't come forward more

The cable from the solenoid goes to the post on the starter. The cable from the negative side of battery goes to the rear starter mount bolt for a frame ground/neg. looks like in one of your pictures you have the neg. going to the post on the starter. 

• Like 1

On 9/22/2017 at 6:31 PM, ricky racer said:

The cable from the solenoid goes to the post on the starter. The cable from the negative side of battery goes to the rear starter mount bolt for a frame ground/neg. looks like in one of your pictures you have the neg. going to the post on the starter. 

Yah i had them mixed up :(, now im trying to figure out why it wont crank over, I have all the wires correct now, but still no power to the starter, the clutch is being pressed in, shes in neutral, im hoping its the starter button, tho she goes in a has a little click when i presses it in, ive by passed the  ignotion switch, now im at a loss, i tossed the 7.5Amp fuse, swaped it with the other one,I opened the gear hatch, it was all good, the starter turned with a screwdriver, I tried to cross the solenoids terminals, with the clutch lever depressed.

I cut the cable I fixed because the neutral safety switch was broke, she ran before like it, im wondering can anyone point me in the direction that might make a quick fix?

I can only think of the below

Starter switch

Clutch switch

Solenoid

Starter

im thinking now, could the kill switch happen to stop any electricity going to the solenoid?

Checked the switch, disconnected, still dead, tried to jump solenoid terminals, nothing, cleaned kill and re assembled, nothing, all with ignition switch disconnected and isolated as in a post on here, fuse in solenoid good, kill switch good, starter button checked and it was good, im thinking the solenoid or the starter its self, i put the positive of a battery charger ON 12 V, ive done it with truck starters before, and the negative on the negative battery wire, nothing, attached the negative to starter bolt, nothing, i can turn the starter with a screwdriver, with difficulty, could it be a bad starter and/or solenoid? im actually losing sleep over this LOL

Edited by jmichelin84
updating