MX2 Factory Pullout

So I noticed this topic elsewhere and found it kind of concerning. That is both Kawasaki and possibly Suzuki having no factory effort in the MX2 series? I'm not an avid watcher of the series, but it's all good racing.

It just sounds like a bad state of things overall I suppose. Seems pretty bad that the lights class in any series is seen as a total loss. Thought I would see what information could be dredged up about it here. 

http://gatedrop.com/official-factory-kawasaki-pull-mx2/

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, meyermetal said:

How many 250's do the sell? I bet they are last and 2nd to last in sales 

Why field a team when the market doesn't support it? 

Possibly. It seems, or at least I thought Kawasaki always had a good 250f race effort going, lots of fast riders using them across different series?

Also, there has always been a last and second to last in sales for any given year, but they have still represented themselves on the highest levels. It just sounds like a big shift of things...don't know really.

• Like 1

Looking at Kawasaki's Eu website shows no mention of a team green or amateur program like the US site.

It may just be an isolated Europe based decision for Kawasaki, maybe Suzuki?

It kind if paints the picture that only the US market is profitable for them. Again, not sure, I'm just trying to avoid the rumor mill.

In the article it mentions that Kawasaki decided based on an "economic situation" I'd be interested to hear what situation that is referring to. That could mean so many things, especially on an international level.

Edited by Metal and Dirt

Seriously...what would you do if it were up to you? I think KTM had to put out manufacturer supported teams in all major competitive off-road competitions to develop credibility and learn to improve their bikes...it seems to be helping fuel their growth and quality of products...seems like the Japanese will have to continue, as well...but, if Euro sales are paltry, then why spend the money there...spend it in the US on Tomac...I don't know...just guessing Kawi MX sales are pretty good because their bikes win...and their bikes win because they are pretty good race developed bikes?