AER 48 suspension issues

Just got a brand new (17) ktm 250xc 

had a rear spring installed for my weight today and went to try and get the clickers in order. 

My main problem is the front end traction is very lacking. Seems to push hard on flat turns.  

One at a time I set each adjustment to its maximum and minimum setting and rode it (same short little loop). I can't really tell much of a difference between maximum and minimum, especially on the front. 

Forks are 2.5 lines up in the clamps

clamps are torqued per the manual

re did proper wheel tightening procedure 

tried 131-147psi on the forks, quit messing with it on the trail because it not being on a stand made getting an accurate reading hard. 

I talked to my tuner and plan to have the front and rear revalved next week, hope this fixes it. Any ideas? 

Give us the stats, your weight, height, sag.

Typically for front end on stock AER you will notice the breaking point on rebound around 9-10 clicks. More than 9-10 on flat corners and it will push. But it all depends on what you have the rest of the clickers at as well as SAG. If you are around 170-180lbs, set SAG to 105, or 35 if you are alone and set fork height to second like. 140psi, 15C 10R on fork. Rear 15C 15R 2.5 HSC.

Dont forget to air the forks (both legs) before/after every ride as a usual spring fork.

12 hours ago, AEES said:

Give us the stats, your weight, height, sag.

Typically for front end on stock AER you will notice the breaking point on rebound around 9-10 clicks. More than 9-10 on flat corners and it will push. But it all depends on what you have the rest of the clickers at as well as SAG. If you are around 170-180lbs, set SAG to 105, or 35 if you are alone and set fork height to second like. 140psi, 15C 10R on fork. Rear 15C 15R 2.5 HSC.

Dont forget to air the forks (both legs) before/after every ride as a usual spring fork.

What do you mean by breaking point?  My rebound is set almost exactly there to balance fork dive under braking and uncontrolled rebounding on jumps.  (2017 TC250, MX only).

My first two rides on mine (17 250 xc) felt the same as yours, bike pushed, and just felt like it didn't want to turn.  I clicked everything I could, and was feeling discouraged.  I ended up trying the KTM recommended "comfort" settings, and set the air pressure to 130, the next ride felt much better.  I'm at 5 hours on the bike and wonder if there isn't some break in time before things work better?  I'm no expert, but felt exactly what you had initially.  Sag is close, I prefer more than the recomended amount as the bike feels like it rides too high for me, I had my 13 dialed for me, and still miss it, but it is getting better with more time it seems.  Good luck.

230 pounds. 105mm sag. Raised the forks to the 3rd line and it made a lot of difference. Played around with the clickers some more and just kinda left it where it was ok. 

Bike is at FASTLAP currently getting everything done. Should be a lot mo betta after that! 

If clickers weren't already a OCD's nightmare now I have to find the air pressure I like lol

22 hours ago, erik_94COBRA said:

What do you mean by breaking point?  My rebound is set almost exactly there to balance fork dive under braking and uncontrolled rebounding on jumps.  (2017 TC250, MX only).

The point where you can noticeably feel a change.