Tube question

I'm putting a new tube in, and it came with a concave washer, and 2 nuts, - i searched for the correct order/placement - that seemed like a mistake, every possible combination was shown and the 'correct' way

can anyone tell me the right way to do this, to me it looks like it should go :washer inside the rim, both nuts outside.

Some of us run nut inside, nothing outside except the valve cap. If the valve stem is held securely it could rip if the tire slips a bit on the rim. Air pressure is adequate to hold the stem in place. Approximately. 

• Like 1

The dual nuts are intended to sandwich the rim and keep the stem in place, back in the days of steel rims, they are rarely used that way on modern dirt bikes. You can leave one nut on the inside depending on how it fits the rim, which varies between manufacturers as well as rim width. Other considerations are whether or not you use rim lock(s), inflation pressure, etc.

LOL, this has been discussed previously for many many pages.  Just do a search for valve stem nuts and you will find more than you ever wanted to know.  There are probably 4 or 5 threads.

• Like 2

Also can depend on if is the front or back.

At least on my CRF250R - front, one nut inside, rim  then just OEM rubber grommet. Back, nut, rim, washer, nut. (I actually use 2 nuts and a valve stem remover valve cap with a rubber nipple if anyone cares)

This was after neglecting my spokes for 6 years

59c69d0173049_20170319_1102571.jpg.08f67ffbfaf8c8ee1c17a0a99b41bb58.jpg

Then if your are using outer nuts (either front or back) do you tighten or not discussion.