Clutch slipping issue. Please help

Hey guys, just picked up a 2009 Husaberg fe450 with 150 hours and am having trouble with the clutch slipping. If I'm in a high gear at low revs and suddenly give throttle the bikes revs to the moon without transferring the power to the ground. Pulled off the clutch cover and the half the steel plates and blue/purple in colour but they are NOT warped. Is this the cause of the slipping? Do I need a new clutch kit or is there a way to fix this? Thanks👌

2 minutes ago, OLHILLBILLY said:

Probably just wore out. PO ran it way past due.

Yeah probably. The bike still rides fine if I'm not pinning it everywhere. I have a big ride on tomorrow, will it do any damage doing one more ride on it? Just been looking forward to it for a while now and don't want to miss out. Thanks heaps for your help!😊

6 minutes ago, JDBKTM350exc said:

Yeah probably. The bike still rides fine if I'm not pinning it everywhere. I have a big ride on tomorrow, will it do any damage doing one more ride on it? Just been looking forward to it for a while now and don't want to miss out. Thanks heaps for your help!😊

As Dirty Harry said, "do you feel lucky?". You might make it, might end up pushing it back to the truck. No way I'd ride it knowing something was that close to total failure. Not to mention the added heat from the slipping clutch (it's slipping all the time, just completely loosing contact when you notice it) will be putting into the oil that the already burdened 4 stroke cooling system has to deal with.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, OLHILLBILLY said:

As Dirty Harry said, "do you feel lucky?". You might make it, might end up pushing it back to the truck. No way I'd ride it knowing something was that close to total failure. Not to mention the added heat from the slipping clutch (it's slipping all the time, just completely loosing contact when you notice it) will be putting into the oil that the already burdened 4 stroke cooling system has to deal with.

Gave the steel plates a rub back with Emory cloth and good as new. Just had a slippery glaze on the disks. Ordered a new clutch set anyways just to be safe as the friction plate thicknesses were at the minimal they could be according to the user manual.

• Like 1