KTM WP 4860 MXMA CC Forks good tuners.

I have a set of 2008 KTM 48 mm closed cartridge forks on my 200 exc. I have gone through a local tuner where he installed the 2013 inner cartridges into them and re valved them. They are quite good however if I was to say how good they are its about a 6.5 to 7 out of 10. (rough on small chop, dive at speed, a bit unpredictable). When I had forks done by factory connection a while ago them being the kyb sss forks I could easily say that their performance was 10/10. (best forks ive ever felt, predicatable as ffff, smooth on small, stable and balanced at speed) I know factory connection can get my wp 4860 forks to feel like that, however they charge about $600 for their work. Does anybody know of a cheaper place that can do comparable work on these forks? I dont want to shell out $600 when I know someone can make them great for about $300 if they have really figured the forks out entirely. Please let me know of a place that specifically can make these forks as good as can be for a reasonable fee. If they made your other forks feel great don't bother posting because some tuners are great doing one fork, yet bad at doing others, it all comes down to the amount of time and effort in testing that they put into a particular component, im looking for a WP MXMA 4860 expert.

The tubes are too stiff on the 08 forks , they will never feel like sss

It really shouldn't be that hard. Speak to Jeremy at MX Tech. The guy knows his stuff. Tell him I recommended you and he will charge you double....

Have the bush lands re- tapered as well as revalving with a bleed port in the rebound piston. The potential in that fork cartridge is amazing.

On 9/25/2017 at 3:06 AM, Terry Hay said:

It really shouldn't be that hard. Speak to Jeremy at MX Tech. The guy knows his stuff. Tell him I recommended you and he will charge you double....

Have the bush lands re- tapered as well as revalving with a bleed port in the rebound piston. The potential in that fork cartridge is amazing.

What does having the bush lands re tapered mean exactly? Also where are they located, I am in the USA in NJ.

The bush land mod reduces binding as the chrome tube negotiates the triple clamp region. This will provide greater wheel response as well as reduce harshness. Grip is noticably improved. Jeremy is in Illinois ( I have probably spelt that incorrectly)

That bush land mod I think would be great, I noticed that the upper tube is definitely a troublesome region for binding.