Picked up a low mileage 2008 450 exc. Installed the Blais smog removal kit along with their re-jet kit as per their recommendation. I now have a large bog or flame out off idle. The stock 180 has been replaced with a 185 for a aftermarket exhaust ( FMF). 45 pilot and new needle in the 3rd position for riding at sea level to 4000 ft. Also in stalled the supplied oring on the accelerator pump. I'm sure others have been through this.  What is the cure?

My first suggestion anytime the carb has been worked on is look at the release plate on the front of the slide.  The hole in the front should be located at the bottom.  The letter stamped near the hole is an "M" not a "W".  The plate will easily fit both ways and the bike won't run well if it is backward.  Make sure you sealed off all of the openings where you removed smog parts or you will have a major lean condition.  Make sure that the clip is on the needle.  If you didn't get it seated properly and/or it falls off you will get a huge bog and the bike will only run on the choke.  Check to see that the accel pump is squirting.  Make sure that the diaphragm is in perfect condition (no holes or tears).

I don't have any experience with Blais stuff but I would think they would be ready to help if needed.

Thanks exIT for the input. The Blais kits seem to be good kits. They include all plugs and new lines for the removal. The needle was replaced without the slide being removed,so that checks out ok. When I added the O-ring to the accel pump I inspected the diaphragm  at that time for damage. I have had that issue on other bikes, but good all good points on your part. Do you think that the pilot jet my be a size or two to large? I am sure someone out there has the same kit. All info is greatly appreciated.