2007 crf450x headlight issues

I have had my 07 crf450x for about a year, when I bought it the headlight never worked.  I looked at the bulb and it was burnt out so I purchased a aftermarket tusk headlight to replace it. I soldered the connections and no light still.  So I checked the voltage.  At the harness before the igniter I have 11.1 volts a/c, after the igniter and right before the bulb I get a reading that bounces around anywhere from 20 to 60 volts a/c.  I am at a loss and am pulling my hair out over this.  Any suggestions would be great thanks.

Is the aftermarket headlight assy made to run on DC current (as in LED lights) ?

The bike's headlight output is in AC.

The headlight assembly is all stock except for the bulb.  The bulb is a/c type bulb.

Not to totally come against you but I've had a different interaction with them. I bought the Baja Designs plug and play Ac squadron sport and have had nothing but problems. The light hits on my frame and grounds out when I turn the bars. Lots of my friends that race have had problems with their lights I would not recommend them. Just my 2 cents.