Reading spark plug

Just got my 295 big bore setup running with modified head, porting etc. Ive got about 2 hours runtime on it now at 32:1 running motul 800... bike runs clean a crisp other than being a bit surgy under 1/4 throttle. 

What do people think of my plug chop? I know alot of indication is around the base of the insulator which u guys cant see.. but as a quick look whats your thoughts? 

Also the surginess under 1/4 throttle, is that an indicator of being slightly rich? Cheers 

20170924_104935.thumb.jpg.c3a327ca2a205079ea1600980cc81566.jpg

What would u suggest in changing mate? It runs crisp as except for the slightly roughness/surging at below 1/4 

Bike is used for woods a fair bit, slow technical sections it becomes a bit of a hinderance. Other than that its crisp as 

1 hour ago, Wilksy said:

What would u suggest in changing mate? It runs crisp as except for the slightly roughness/surging at below 1/4 

Pilot works below 1/4, it's what I would dicker with. 

Set air screw at 1/2 turn and test. Then try 2 and 1/2 turn out for a test. That will tell you if you need to go more or less fuel. 

Run it, especially a woods bike that hits slow and fast speeds that's good. You could lean it a bit but if you had a long fast run it'll run lean at that point. Leave it and have fun

20 hours ago, Wilksy said:

Bike is used for woods a fair bit, slow technical sections it becomes a bit of a hinderance. Other than that its crisp as 

suzuki needle  is your answer

google spanky's jetting guide and do some testing

oh and plug chops are only for the main jet all the rest is by the seat of you pants

yamaha needles are known to cause a lean surge at about 3/8 th throttle , not a big deal but does make it harder to ride slowly

my kx was like a light switch when i first got it , did some jetting with a suzuki needle now it will lug around all day just off idle 

• Like 1