Does this look right?

IMG_0161.jpg

Hey guys, this is my first race four stroke. 2012 crf 250r I was wondering about that tab in my air box. It looks kind of Mickey Mouse?

Btw anyone have some tricks for getting the air boot on and of while taking of the subframe?

There's a C clamp that holds the boot on. If you want to take the air box out of the subframe you have to take off the subframe. Then there's a couple bolts holding them together, just take those out and pull apart.
I don't have a crf250 so I can't help wth the picture. It does look weird though, more pictures provided and I could help

Yes that is normal. Be sure to clean all the dirt and dust out of there because that will kill your motor. If you leave the rear shock out put a small amount of lube on the boot lip. Leaving the subframe bolts out push the whole subframe onto the throttle body. Be sure the wiring harness it out of the way of the boot. Once boot is on tighten the clamp and then push subframe off to the side and install rear shock from the right side of the bike

• Like 1

Yes normal.

As for the air boot:

Remove the top bolt on the shock and allow the back wheel to drop - this will allow the shock to move a little bit out of the way as you access from the right side. 

If needed: Remove the linkage bolt of the shock on the bottom and allow the shock to drop several inches

Loosley attach the top bolts on the sub frame.

Now wiggle the boot back into place and use the additional space your have created by displacing the shock to "massage" the boot back into place from the right side. 

• Like 1