Clarke Tank - leaking

Hi all,

Recently purchased a Clarke tank to replace my old cracked tank.

problem, the petcock does not seal properly against the tank. I have purchased a new o ring but still no proper seal, I can only assume it's not level.

Can I stack multiple orings on top of each other to get a better fit?

I stupidly used a silastic out of desperation to get it back on the road but I know that's not a great solution.

whats the easiest way to get this sealing permanently? 

Very disappointed with the quality of this tank, the moulding just in general is very average for a au $400 tank.

Same issue with mine. Clarke sent me some Vinton gaskets.  I used the thickest one.  I'm pretty sure I left the O-Ring in there even though it was leaking if only to take up some of the space.  They wanted me to do modifications to the tank, but I didn't want to go that route. 

It's been leak free for two years

gasket.JPG

IMG_20150817_212723.jpg

thicker gasket.JPG

Thanks for the suggestions, if I can't get my money back I'll try the suggested solutions.

looking at it closely the left screw hole is very raised and the plastic flexes out even more when trying to tighten it.

And yes they are $400 in Australia.

Edited by Chicken Mac

22 hours ago, Trailryder42 said:

Make sure the bolts aren't too long and bottoming out in the insert.

Nah they are all good. Re-fitted my old tank with the same oring etc and no leaks. Might just try and plastic weld the cracks in the old tank and forget about using the new one. Still waiting to hear back regarding a refund or anything.