Wiring eline stator with 2-wire regulator rectifier

Has anyone wired up an external stator with a 2-wire regulator/rectifier?

I picked up a used eline kit that came with a 2-wire box. The stator is a standard three wire (2 yellow 1 red) Eline unit. I've had it installed to get used to the flywheel effect but not wired. I have a battery mounted in the airbox, wr headlight and acerbis led taillight. 

All of the info I've found is using a 3 or 4 wire reg/rec. If I can only use one lead from the stator to charge the battery that would be fine and should keep the battery charged with the lights I'm using. 

I believe the topic about the lighting kits from hodgkins has a wire diagram in it for that. I have not wired one yet, but I have the 3 wire 2 yellow, one red. 

Edited by 2 STOKE YZ DOC

2 hours ago, 2 STOKE YZ DOC said:

Page 12 STROKEDEISLE made a diagram

Thanks Gary

The diagrams are helpful for getting the other stuff set up.

Looks like he's using a 4 wire reg/rec in most of the diagrams. They show 2 yellows and a black and red or 1 yellow and a black and red.

The reg/rec that came with these parts is a 2 wire unit (1 yellow and one brown).

I'll check around and see if I can find a 3 wire reg/rec if wiring up a 2 wire unit isn't an option

11 hours ago, N8ster said:

Thanks Gary

The diagrams are helpful for getting the other stuff set up.

Looks like he's using a 4 wire reg/rec in most of the diagrams. They show 2 yellows and a black and red or 1 yellow and a black and red.

The reg/rec that came with these parts is a 2 wire unit (1 yellow and one brown).

I'll check around and see if I can find a 3 wire reg/rec if wiring up a 2 wire unit isn't an option

EDIT: you are welcome.. :thumbsup:

Might just need the other reg/rec and youll be good. Hodgkins last units are all 3 wire like I said 2 yellow, one red, looks like it just needs to of the reg/recs from TT. When I am out ion my shop, i'll see what I have on the TT reg/recs. 

Edited by 2 STOKE YZ DOC