Chains mx or O ring

I switched to this o ring chain on my 17 450 sxf from the stock mx chain. I notice the o ring chain has a bit more drag which is nice for engine breaking and the chain doesn't stretch much. Am I better off with an mx chain for logging roads and single track?

And here's my bike with the pipe. Didn't have to mess with tps.

20170917_125829(0).jpg

20170908_123144.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-09-24 at 1:20 AM, woods-rider said:

O-ring or X-ring all the way unless you enjoy needing to adjust your chain after each ride.

Why do you say this?

What makes an O-ring chain less prone to stretching, on a MX bike?

On a superbike, I understand but on a MX there’s much less power going through it and power is applied for much shorter times. 

• Like 1

Unless your a pro and need that extra 1 HP to the rear wheel on the start, O-Ring chains are the only way to go,  They last much longer, hardly ever need to be adjusted, and stay better lubricated, longer.  I only moto, but I switched 20 years ago and would never run a regular chain again.  Unless being able to spin the wheel on while the bike is on the stand provides some level of fascination for you.

• Like 1

We use non o ring on our 125s for mx racing. You can actually feel the difference between both chain types just pushing the bikes. However, if you have anything bigger, as we used to have, then o/x ring is the way to go. If you are using a non o ring, in my opinion DID ERT 2 chains are by miles the best available. Bob.

• Like 1

Chains these days are pretty darn tough......I have never broken either type.  the more you pay the less they stretch it seems.

Still I would never consider anything other than oring chain.

The chain is down low and is often submerged in water, mud, dirt, dust, gravel, sand......I'm amazed they last as long as they do.

Edited by BlackBuzzard