Brand New TE 250 Leaking gear oil

So I haven't even broke this bike in yet. I have been way to busy to ride it. So I cleaned the garage out Thursday and moved the bike I come out today to watch some football and noticed a few drops under the bike. I can't seem to figure out where it's coming from. I personally don't even think I should try it's BN never rode. What's your thoughts? Thanks Jeramy

IMG_1417.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1419.JPG

IMG_1420.JPGIMG_1421.JPG

Mine was the Exact same way. It seems that the dealer spilled oil and it ran down from the oil check plug. I cleaned it off and no longer get any oil on the skid plate or the garage floor. 

Mine was the Exact same way. It seems that the dealer spilled oil and it ran down from the oil check plug. I cleaned it off and no longer get any oil on the skid plate or the garage floor. 

Ok I will clean her up and see what happens. I'm hoping to finally get to ride it next weekend. Definitely makes sense cause everything is tight and I sure can't seem to find where it's coming from. Thanks for your time
  • Like 1

On my TX300 I changed the gear oil and left the skid plate on and got some gear oil on the skid plate. Next time I cleaned the bike, noticed it and wiped it up. Never have seen the oil since....Wipe all the oil off any surface, ride and re-check....

On 9/24/2017 at 6:44 PM, GasGrassOrASS said:

What oil did you use when you changed it? I have always used synthetic and the manual is calling for 10-40 Belray mineral 4t mineral oil.

I bought that exact Belray oil. I am sure many other choices can be made from Rotella to pretty much any other 10w40 Moto approved oil for use with wet clutches. 

I bought that exact Belray oil. I am sure many other choices can be made from Rotella to pretty much any other 10w40 Moto approved oil for use with wet clutches. 

Yea I did too. Can’t beat the price and Belray has always had great products.
  • Like 1

On my 2017 Husqvarna TX 300 I am using Bel Ray Gear Saver 75w in the winter & 80w in the summer...Bel Ray Synthetic Ester Si7 2 Stroke Engine Oil @ 50:1 with a Lectron Carb with no spooge...

• Like 1

Dont know if you already solved it, but there is a known issue with the new 18 TE (and KTMs), that the 2 stroke oil plastic container is cracked and leaking. Suggest you to approach your dealer.

where i live, i know of more than 15 bikes already that the container was replaced under warranty. mine is waiting for the next replacement delivery.

Edited by Omer Tal

42 minutes ago, Omer Tal said:

Dont know if you already solved it, but there is a known issue with the new 18 TE (and KTMs), that the 2 stroke oil plastic container is cracked and leaking. Suggest you to approach your dealer.

where i live, i know of more than 15 bikes already that the container was replaced under warranty. mine is waiting for the next replacement delivery.

That is good info, but the original poster has a 2017 TE250 model. 

• Like 1