Did honda solved clutch problems for 2015 crf450 r !?

Hi.

I start loving my CRF450F. specially on the track , It really feels good and i have enjoied riding it lap after lap (although the stiff clutch killing me ) I wanna upgrade my bike and buy a 2015 . But my main worrie is about the clutch. Is 2015crf450r clutch stiff and hard to pull like the 2013-2014 models !? Or did they solved the problems !?

My buddy has a 2014 and it isn't hard to pull in.... it may be a problem individualized to just your bike. I would buy a new lever and cable. That is a lot cheaper than buying a 5000$ 2015.
I have the 2015 and there was recently a recall on the transmission, so be careful if you buy a 2015

9 hours ago, Happyapppy said:

My buddy has a 2014 and it isn't hard to pull in.... it may be a problem individualized to just your bike. I would buy a new lever and cable. That is a lot cheaper than buying a 5000$ 2015.
I have the 2015 and there was recently a recall on the transmission, so be careful if you buy a 2015

i have changed the cable as well , no thats not the individual bike problem .

many riders have problems with stiff clutch on 2013-2014 honda. its the issue with honda and you need to put some extra money for the clutch .

and of course some rider have no problem : forexample my friend have very strong arm and for him its absolutely ok :thumbsup: . 

The pull on my '13 was pretty hard, always kept the cable fresh and lubed, which helped a little bit. I think you can get a longer actuator arm, and some aftermarket perches also improve things, but in both cases you are trading off engagement range for leverage, so you may or may not like the feel. Pretty sure the design was the same on the 15 and 16.   On the 17 they changed how the cable is routed (it's shorter and on the left side) so the pull is much easier.

• Like 1

The pull on my '13 was pretty hard, always kept the cable fresh and lubed, which helped a little bit. I think you can get a longer actuator arm, and some aftermarket perches also improve things, but in both cases you are trading off engagement range for leverage, so you may or may not like the feel. Pretty sure the design was the same on the 15 and 16.   On the 17 they changed how the cable is routed (it's shorter and on the left side) so the pull is much easier.

I saw a pic of 2015 model which they already re routed the clutch cable !?

Just now, aminem said:

I saw a pic of 2015 model which they already re routed the clutch cable !?

yeah, I didn't have a 15/16 and thought I read that the routing was new on the 17, but I could be wrong about that. If that is the case, and the 15/16 is the same as my 17, it makes a big difference!

• Like 1

I start loving my honda ... for me the bigest negetive is the clutch . I do a lot of wood riding and thats a real problem.