Dirt bike to supermoto

Need info on converting dirt bike to supermoto,specifically gearing front and back, damping tuning, and whatever needs to be ideal for street/hwy riding. Thanks

14 minutes ago, Joshua Taylor said:

Need info on converting dirt bike to supermoto,specifically gearing front and back, damping tuning, and whatever needs to be ideal for street/hwy riding. Thanks

as far as gearing figure out ur fastest cruising speed , and gear it so the motor doesnt have to scream at those speeds, like my kx250f tops at about 68mph , well if i had to cruise at 60-65 mph id swap the 13/50 gearing for something like a 14/45 or whatever worked best after i figured out the math, also gota see whats available for your bike , on mine the smallest rear sprocket i can get is a 45 , not even sure i can get a 14 for the front 

if the fastest i had to cruise at was 45mph id prolly leave it alone , or maybe just drop a couple teeth off the rear sprocket 

Edited by project89
  • Like 1

Supermoto wheels and tires for a start.  Gearing that is appropriate for your bikes size and your riding area.  As for suspension use some that has obviously been set-up for supermoto, your weight and skillset.

A 125 would be geared different then a 250, or a 350, or a 450,or a 500, or a 525, or a 530, or a 600, or a 650 or a 690.  Some models have wide ratio transmissions others don't besides.

Wait let me get out my crystal ball so I can get more info about you, your bike and how you ride. 

Floating-Crystal-Ball.gif

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, William1 said:

Not that simple. Racing? Street? What bike/model/yesr? How much can you spend? What is your honest intent?

he did say street/hwy 

6 minutes ago, project89 said:

he did say street/hwy 

Do his highways have a 70mph speed limit or is it 55mph???  It makes a difference.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MentalGuru said:

Do his highways have a 70mph speed limit or is it 55mph???  It makes a difference.... 

Does he 'break the limit'? I hear some people do, in a drift. one hand off the bars giving a thumbs up with the front wheel a foot off the ground.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

and the reply i gave him covered this 

1 minute ago, project89 said:

and the reply i gave him covered this 

Really???  

54 minutes ago, project89 said:

he did say street/hwy 

Would you run the same sprockets on a 250F or 250 smoker that needs to cruise on the hwy at 55-60mph as you would if your cruise speed is 70-75mph on the hwy???

I know I wouldn't.   :rolleyes:

For all we know he's planning on riding a 125 or a 4 speed 450....   Would both bikes use the same sprockets for the above question???   :excuseme:

My magic 8 ball says "Very doubtful, Don't count on it, Outlook not so good"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MentalGuru said:

Really???  

Would you run the same sprockets on a 250F or 250 smoker that needs to cruise on the hwy at 55-60mph as you would if your cruise speed is 70-75mph on the hwy???

I know I wouldn't.   :rolleyes:

For all we know he's planning on riding a 125 or a 4 speed 450....   Would both bikes use the same sprockets for the above question???   :excuseme:

My magic 8 ball says "Very doubtful, Don't count on it, Outlook not so good"

read my post again i laid it all out , i ididnt say u need to run x/x i gave him the answer on how to figure it out 

• Like 1