1992 Husqvarna WR250 output shaft seal front sprocket shaft

I have a 1992 Husqvarna wr250. It is leaking from the output shaft seal where the front sprocket bolts up to. Does anyone know of a seal for a different bike that will work(Yamaha_ or Kawasaki_ ). Cause one for a Husqvarna is outrageously expensive(lol I'm cheap)

Jscoot, the most likely cause of the oil leak is the o-ring that is behind the counter shaft spacer that is inside of the sprocket on the shaft. I have seen this several times and is usually the o-ring which sells for about $1.25 from husky.

Jscoot, the most likely cause of the oil leak is the o-ring that is behind the counter shaft spacer that is inside of the sprocket on the shaft. I have seen this several times and is usually the o-ring which sells for about $1.25 from husky.

Ok. It is just a simple O-ring, cause I have a general o-ring kit with a variety of sizes I got from my local hardware. Maybe one will fit. If not where do I order it?

It is Husqvarna part 800042700 and you can order it from any husky dealer although some are a lot better than others.

xr.png.f235854ed7272f3e6645577c9c865592.png

i had a feeling it was - looking at the parts list - you confused me for a sec then 

you probably have to order genuine because of its unique dimensions - 23.52X1.78

Edited by S.O.A.N.Z

It is Husqvarna part 800042700 and you can order it from any husky dealer although some are a lot better than others.

Ok thanks. Yeah one for husky I found is 0.78$. Thanks for the help!! Much is appreciated !!
xr.png.f235854ed7272f3e6645577c9c865592.png
i had a feeling it was - looking at the parts list - you confused me for a sec then 
you probably have to order genuine because of its unique dimensions - 23.52X1.78

Yes I will do that tonight thanks for the help

I got the sprocket off and turns out it is missing the Sleeve that goes between the back of the sprocket and the o/ring. Long story but what are the dimensions of it?

30m/m od x 25m/m id x 10m/m wide - are you going to machine one - or you have a few spare spacers lying around ?

30m/m od x 25m/m id x 10m/m wide - are you going to machine one - or you have a few spare spacers lying around ?  

Haha I got lucky. Someone on eBay had one for a 1991 WXE 260. 24$. A quick check confirmed the part number is the same for 1992 WR 250. It should come next week.

Thanks for all your help. My last issue is somehow making a way to jolt the sprocket on. Person before me welded it. Because they broke the bolt. I drilled it out but I have to make threads from scratch. I don't know if the output shaft is hardened metal or the welding hardened it, but I can't get any tap to catch on. Someone recommended I weld on a stud. The use a nut to hold it on. I already ordered the oil seal (30.40.7) and the o-ring. So after we weld it I'll replace it.

• Like 1