2009 Fe450 randomly shut off. Pls help

Bought a 2009 fe450 a few days ago. Got the berg all ready to go- new oil and filter, made sure coolant was topped up. Made sure everything was right.  Took off and the bike ran beautifully until after 10kms of crusing at 90kph at low revs the bike suddenly bogged down hard and stopped. Now it will not start tried jump starting aswell. Don't really know How to attack it, any help is much appreciated, cheers

On 9/24/2017 at 11:41 PM, JDBKTM350exc said:

Bought a 2009 fe450 a few days ago. Got the berg all ready to go- new oil and filter, made sure coolant was topped up. Made sure everything was right.  Took off and the bike ran beautifully until after 10kms of crusing at 90kph at low revs the bike suddenly bogged down hard and stopped. Now it will not start tried jump starting aswell. Don't really know How to attack it, any help is much appreciated, cheers

Make sure the positive and negative cables are securely bolted down to the battery. I had one side work loose and the bike was randomly shutting off at speed on the road.

I had battery terminal problems just like that on my ‘09 Fe 450 when I bought it. Just a blubbering dead stick causing sickness to my stomach. Back rolling in no time after I pushed that heavy sack 1mi in my boots

• Like 1

Did you every solve the problem?

For me it was the fuel pump cutting out then wait a few minutes and it would fire back off.

The gas in the tank was getting to hot and caused the pump to go out prematurely. Ended up changing the pump and installing a tank heat shield cover.

• Like 1